PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Lag when answering a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Any of you guys install the 60 second disconnect data cab, because that certainly causes this issue.
nope, but opera was running and may be my issue.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was having this issue as well. Have you any of you guys used Advanced Config Tool? I remember it changing a registry entry that affects answering calls. Here is some info on it:

Quote:
have you tried this from the Touch Pro Essentials thread?

Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config. source
Added 1/7/09:
Full Thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65350
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b

What mine has started doing instead of vibrating and stopping it just has one continuous vibrate and it takes a second for slide to answer to register my input.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

I did have the 60 second data disconnect installed and i also usually forget to exit out of opera. I will remove data cab and always exit opera fully. Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

northjersey33 is a n00b

I had the exact same issue. I just removed the 60 second disconnect and the problem was resolved. How do I keep the disconnect and have the phone actually work?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i too have the 60s data disconnect installed. but thaz just a reg edit. ill uninstall and see if i expirience the issue again.
thx 4 the tip.
any idea why this lags the dialer?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Easy. That 60s disconnect is actually for GPRS data and NOT CDMA data. Always be careful of hacks from XDA Devs site. They are 95% gsm phones.

CDMA disconnects on its own and this hack isn't needed. This tweak will also cause many other issues such as the inability to not answer your calls AT ALL.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

this cab fixed all my issues. thank shaggy.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-02-2010 at 04:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does that cut my data off after 60s? w/o affecting calls?
Old 02-20-2010, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I finally fixed this issue on my phone and I can even answer a call immediately with opera running.

There are a bunch scripts and cabs around that are WRONG. They say they change it to #777 but they do not. I think the shaggie one posted above (for sprint) is correct but I'm not using it.

You will see a bunch posts that look like this (it's wrong for Sprint anyway !!!):

Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29

One problem is I think different registry editors handle the hex byte stream/unicode/multiline string differently.

What I post below works for memmaid with Sprint and when I browse the registry with memmaid it will show "#777" for the value.

You'll know it's working if you bring up opera and start browsing and then call your self. You can INSTANTLY pick it up when this is set right.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c
"SuspendResume"=hex(7):23,00,37,00,37,00,37,00,00, 00,00,00

I believe the same issue exists on Verizon and the string value may have to be different because verizon does not use #777. So perhaps that's why different values and cabs are floating around.

So verify you have the correct value for your carrier in the registry preferaby an editor that can show it to you as a string and test it with opera active. Night and day difference when it works.

The auto disconnecting is a SEPERATE issue and can mask this true fix because by keeping data connection off you tend not to have to answer a call with connection up. But this is a much better fix.

Last edited by mswlogo; 02-20-2010 at 02:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2