PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't answer calls?

Sometimes, when I get a call, the answer button won't work. When I press it, my ringtone will stop playing, but I can't hear the person on the other end and my LED lights keeps flashing as if the phone is still ringing.

This has happened on two roms so far, but I notice that the HTC dialer was activated on both of those roms. Could it be the culprit?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can't answer calls?

have you tried this from the Touch Pro Essentials thread?

Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config. source
Added 1/7/09:
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for the quick reply! I didn't see that before. It worked!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Advanced config AND Diamond tweak both cause it... IF you choose the "data timeout" options. Those seem to be for a GSM phone only. Same issue will occur on 6.5 roms as well, only you won't even hear the ringing. LOL
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

wow, Compus, that's must've been what was causing it. I would always enable the "data timeout after one minute" option. But if I make that regedit through diamond tweak and then use the regedit, then I would be able to answer my calls and stop my data from staying active right?
Old 04-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

if you're on a cdma phone, you shouldn't need to do the data time out tweak anyway. Data times out after a short while anyway.. When I first had this problem (several years ago) I banged my head against the wall trying to troubleshoot it without hard resetting. After doing 1 tweak at a time, and trying, it all came down to this tweak. I don't do it anymore and my data still disconnects on it's own.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro