PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

emkorial is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Just upgrades, a few questions:

Can you add tabs to the Touch Flo screen? I'd like one for "Applications" and "Contacts"

Can you add Tasks to the home screen?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post
Just upgrades, a few questions:

Can you add tabs to the Touch Flo screen? I'd like one for "Applications" and "Contacts"

Can you add Tasks to the home screen?
"Contacts" is "Favorites." I'm really not sure what else you'd want, unless you wanted something like the "Contacts" tab on older versions of Manilla.

As for Applications, you don't really need a dedicated tab for it on this phone. Hitting the Start Menu, either the physical button or the touch screen, brings up a page just like the "Applications" tab on older versions of Manilla instead of the regular WinMo start menu.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 PM
N00b

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
On a side note, I know that there were numerous posts regarding forcing Opera to close when X was hit, what I found after upgrading was that Internet Explorer now behaves the same way (didn't notice it doing so before the upgrade). To fix this you have to delete the following:
From HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
delete BrandedBroswer.exe. It's a DWord with a value of 0. Don't know why they put it in there in the first place but it was and getting rid of it allows X to actually kill it.
Create this DWord entry in the following key:
HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\
Dword Name: Weather.AutoDownloadInterval
DWord Value: 30 (Decimal)
Does this help, even if you don't use IE? I noticed on 6.1 that after I disabled push internet and fixed the registry to have the X button force Opera to quit, I was starting my phone with about 46% memory usage from a soft reset, and before it was in the 60s. Before those fixes, I'd do a soft reset every other day or so when memory usage got close to 80%.

Today, I did the 6.5 update. I installed the no push cab, and I did the same registry fixes. After reinstalling my other cabs (which I don't actually have a lot of) and my contacts, I did another soft reset. Since that soft reset, all I'd done today was two phone calls, a handful of texts, checked my email, and updated the weather tab. Then later at a friend's house, I was checking the price of a book at Amazon using Opera. After I'd closed it, I wanted to make sure it was closed so I opened the mini task manager and was shocked to see that my memory usage was at 71% with no apps running.

Anyway, I put these changes into the registry, then did another soft reset. Memory's right at 46%. I'll see where it's at later.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

emkorial is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeszekely View Post
"Contacts" is "Favorites." I'm really not sure what else you'd want, unless you wanted something like the "Contacts" tab on older versions of Manilla.

As for Applications, you don't really need a dedicated tab for it on this phone. Hitting the Start Menu, either the physical button or the touch screen, brings up a page just like the "Applications" tab on older versions of Manilla instead of the regular WinMo start menu.
no, my favorites isn't just like contacts. i have to make an additonal selection to see all my contacts, the addition of the favorites screen before you can get to that is retarded.

and an applications tab would be very helpful so i can have a tab where i can out the apps i want in. isnt there a launcher tab like that?

and what about tasks on the home screen? what about adding anything to the home screen?

so far this this is less useable than HTC Home on my MOGUL. sucks cause the keyboard is really nice
Old 01-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
no, my favorites isn't just like contacts. i have to make an additonal selection to see all my contacts, the addition of the favorites screen before you can get to that is retarded.

and an applications tab would be very helpful so i can have a tab where i can out the apps i want in. isnt there a launcher tab like that?

and what about tasks on the home screen? what about adding anything to the home screen?

so far this this is less useable than HTC Home on my MOGUL. sucks cause the keyboard is really nice
There's a cab in here somewhere that will disable the HTC start menu and add a program tab.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 AM
N00b

mikeszekely is a n00b

Quote:

I don't know how your old phone was, but on my old phone the People tab just brought up a grid where you could set up the 12 people you contacted the most. You still had to hit another button to see all your contacts. So the only difference I'm seeing between Contacts and Favorites is that instead of a grid, they're all lined up on a scrolling bar. I do think the grid worked better, but I hardly used it anyway since I had speed dials programed for most of them.

As for Applications, my old phone had an Applications tab that brought up a similar grid, except it was for apps instead of people. You could pick which apps you wanted on the grid. The Touch Pro2 has the exact same thing, except its not on a tab. Instead, it replaces the Windows Mobile start menu. Touching either the Start Menu at the top on the task bar, or hitting the hardware button for it, brings it right up faster than I'd ever scroll to the old tab. I'm really not sure what more you could be looking for.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

exmeaguy is just getting started

Does the HTC music tab work properly after adding new songs?
Old 01-13-2010, 03:42 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmeaguy View Post
Does the HTC music tab work properly after adding new songs?
iv never had a problem with that. should work fine
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:47 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I noticed the tabs in this rom are bigger than those in Sense 2.5. I can view 5 full tab icons in 2.5, whereas Sense 2.1 only shows almost 4.5. Any way to fix this?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I noticed the tabs in this rom are bigger than those in Sense 2.5. I can view 5 full tab icons in 2.5, whereas Sense 2.1 only shows almost 4.5. Any way to fix this?

i noticed the tab separation also. Much wider then when i was using mightyrom. I will search and post fix if i find.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2