mikeszekely
N00b

mikeszekely is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
On a side note, I know that there were numerous posts regarding forcing Opera to close when X was hit, what I found after upgrading was that Internet Explorer now behaves the same way (didn't notice it doing so before the upgrade). To fix this you have to delete the following:
From HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
delete BrandedBroswer.exe. It's a DWord with a value of 0. Don't know why they put it in there in the first place but it was and getting rid of it allows X to actually kill it.
Create this DWord entry in the following key:
HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\
Dword Name: Weather.AutoDownloadInterval
DWord Value: 30 (Decimal)
Does this help, even if you don't use IE? I noticed on 6.1 that after I disabled push internet and fixed the registry to have the X button force Opera to quit, I was starting my phone with about 46% memory usage from a soft reset, and before it was in the 60s. Before those fixes, I'd do a soft reset every other day or so when memory usage got close to 80%.

Today, I did the 6.5 update. I installed the no push cab, and I did the same registry fixes. After reinstalling my other cabs (which I don't actually have a lot of) and my contacts, I did another soft reset. Since that soft reset, all I'd done today was two phone calls, a handful of texts, checked my email, and updated the weather tab. Then later at a friend's house, I was checking the price of a book at Amazon using Opera. After I'd closed it, I wanted to make sure it was closed so I opened the mini task manager and was shocked to see that my memory usage was at 71% with no apps running.

Anyway, I put these changes into the registry, then did another soft reset. Memory's right at 46%. I'll see where it's at later.