PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 05:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

normalguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Also does opera open after restart for anyone else. Nothing is in windows\startup so i dont have any more ideas.
No. The stock ROM loaded Opera on startup, the MR1 ROM does not.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

normalguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the clock is behind a hour or so and flips everytime you go back to the home screen. I can't seem to find a fix anyone else has talked about. And yes the TP2 is the XV6875
This is a "feature" to show off the flippy clock. I think someone has a fix to make it simply not flip at all somewhere.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxxus View Post
Much needed update. One question though.. I got Animated weather ONCE last night after I installed. For some reason it hasnt done it since. It was snowing here last night and it still is today and its showing that on my weather tab but when I go to the Home tab its not animated. I'm using the stock VZW rom.
In Manila go to Settings -> Wallpaper, and make sure the default wallpaper is selected. Then, to trigger the animation on the home screen, you need to either open then close the HTC task manager or the start menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
Surely Verizon has added software to this build to track tethering haven't they?

Do we know if the ICS Fix still works or not? Is the upgrade safe for tethering?
We won't know until someone gets the first bill from Verizon showing whether or not tethering is still stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowa2 View Post
Have not flashed official upgrade yet. Currently running Mighty Rom 12/30 with Verizon's original radio. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to flashing the official upgrade then reflashing to Mighty's latest cooked rom versus simply flashing the new radio found on the radio flashing thread, while keeping my current rom version? Like to minimize the number of steps involved but minimize complications at the same time. Any thoughts?
You can do just the radio, but you won't get any of the new drivers, kernel, or bluetooth stack goodies that came with the new ROM

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the clock is behind a hour or so and flips everytime you go back to the home screen. I can't seem to find a fix anyone else has talked about. And yes the TP2 is the XV6875
That's normal. It's built into Manila to trigger the flashy home screen animations. Most of the cehfs disable this feature on their own

Last edited by Eschelon; 01-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

Will the standard internet sharing cab work? i know its it custom roms but not official. I know about wifi router but i prefer to use usb internet sharing. Also since this is official will it relock my phone preveting from custom rom flashes? And to check if still stealth sharing is still working cant u check under epst if dun is added to your number?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok I can't figure out a combination of the right cabs to create a glass slider for this version of 2.1. All the ones I have found seem to not work, cause the icons to shrink, or completely gray out the selected tab.

My opera opens and starts "file://localhost/at every time I restart with the new rom.

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Here's a link to the fix:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583161

Use the 2.1 WVGA cab, works great

For those too lazy to go get it, the appropriate cab is attached. All credit goes to the OP of the above thread however.
Attached Files
File Type: cab manilaclockflipfix21cab.cab (5.7 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by isdnmatt; 01-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
Will the standard internet sharing cab work? i know its it custom roms but not official. I know about wifi router but i prefer to use usb internet sharing. Also since this is official will it relock my phone preveting from custom rom flashes? And to check if still stealth sharing is still working cant u check under epst if dun is added to your number?
Yes, the internet sharing and wmodem fix cab works. Install the Mighty Tethering detection fix cab as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Thanks any idea on the relock question.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
any idea on the relock question
it doesnt relock ur device (sim or sid/cid)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

awesome thanks guys better to be safe then sorry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2