PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Who plans to go HD2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103702)

p-slim 01-04-2010 03:22 PM

Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1460050)
Tell em why you mad son. Funny thing is the only thing people can harp on is how finger friendly it is.. thus even further proving my point that there really isnt anything else to mention. LOl trips me out how folks on here worship this phone like there are no faults and then claim someone is "crying" when they point out the obvious. And the obvious IS that windows mobile hasnt changed AT ALL... in years.

Its one of the main reasons sales are constantly slumping while others are constantly growing because there really isnt ANYTHING new about it. And you can make the menu arguments and finger friendly arguments or whatever else you want.. but i've had windows mobile for 5 years and like I said aside from manila and a few overlays there's really nothing different about it. If you want to count "more finger friendly" or "nice shiny menus" as upgrades or changes then whatever works.

But bottom line is.. keeping up with new advances in technology... windows mobile is NOT. Handle a HTC phone with the same hardware running android and another running windows mobile and the difference is pretty clear.. dont know how else to put it. Hell had it not been for sites like this and xda how many people HERE would even have windows mobile still if they had to stick with the stock OS?

Like I said before I got the phone as a free upgrade from my touch pro so pretty much ANYTHING from that would have been an improvement. Some of yall are worse than those iphone fanboys that just refuse to see the obvious.

I'm not mad, don't think that at all. There is something wrong with every OS, so to point out the obvious is a waste of time. Should I go to an iphone forum and start saying everything the iphone can't do, people will tell me to go get another phone then. Nobody is worshiping the phone but if you hate the os then you shouldn't have windows, thats what doesn't make sense to me. I hate the iphone and if someone gave me one for free i would sell it, I wouldn't start using it.

BlackDynamite 01-04-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1460050)
Tell em why you mad son. Funny thing is the only thing people can harp on is how finger friendly it is.. thus even further proving my point that there really isnt anything else to mention. LOl trips me out how folks on here worship this phone like there are no faults and then claim someone is "crying" when they point out the obvious. And the obvious IS that windows mobile hasnt changed AT ALL... in years.

Its one of the main reasons sales are constantly slumping while others are constantly growing because there really isnt ANYTHING new about it. And you can make the menu arguments and finger friendly arguments or whatever else you want.. but i've had windows mobile for 5 years and like I said aside from manila and a few overlays there's really nothing different about it. If you want to count "more finger friendly" or "nice shiny menus" as upgrades or changes then whatever works.

But bottom line is.. keeping up with new advances in technology... windows mobile is NOT. Handle a HTC phone with the same hardware running android and another running windows mobile and the difference is pretty clear.. dont know how else to put it. Hell had it not been for sites like this and xda how many people HERE would even have windows mobile still if they had to stick with the stock OS?

Like I said before I got the phone as a free upgrade from my touch pro so pretty much ANYTHING from that would have been an improvement. Some of yall are worse than those iphone fanboys that just refuse to see the obvious.

LOL!!!

You are here saying WM6.5 is the exact same as the WM that shipped on the Mogul, and then say WE'RE the ones who can't see the obvious? Talk about irony...

Tell me- what are these huge improvements the iPhone made with it's new OS? Are you just talking about it being faster? And you don't think the hardware has anything to do with that? Put the latest iPhone OS on the first gen iPhone and then compare it to an HD2 running the stock WM6.5 ROM, see which one is faster then...

Your argument is full of so many contraditions man, lol. Seriously, I don't see how you can say "Teh upgrade is the only reason I got this phone. I would have got a different phone if I couldn't put WM6.5 on..." and say, "I risked briking my phone because I wanted the upgrade so bad..." and at the same time say "The upgrade was no different from the 3 year old Mogul's stock ROM."

You flat out ignored all of my stuff about apps not working right in one or the other (WM6.1 and WM6.5) too. So there are definitely under the hood improvements.

I want to hear what these major improvements to the iPhone OS are that you are talking about though. I know they added basic features like copy and paste and MMS- but WM already had all of those. And they put it on the latest and greatest hardware that WM had not utilized yet (but the HD2 has equal or even better hardware). But I am not seeing where the iPhone OS is getting major upgrades and WM is not. If anything, the iPhone OS is closer to the same one the original iPhone had than WM6.5 is to the Mogul...

d33170 01-04-2010 05:18 PM

SO.. Does anyone know the chances of Sprint having the HTC HD2??

brownhornet 01-04-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1460107)
LOL!!!

You are here saying WM6.5 is the exact same as the WM that shipped on the Mogul, and then say WE'RE the ones who can't see the obvious? Talk about irony...

Tell me- what are these huge improvements the iPhone made with it's new OS? Are you just talking about it being faster? And you don't think the hardware has anything to do with that? Put the latest iPhone OS on the first gen iPhone and then compare it to an HD2 running the stock WM6.5 ROM, see which one is faster then...

Your argument is full of so many contraditions man, lol. Seriously, I don't see how you can say "Teh upgrade is the only reason I got this phone. I would have got a different phone if I couldn't put WM6.5 on..." and say, "I risked briking my phone because I wanted the upgrade so bad..." and at the same time say "The upgrade was no different from the 3 year old Mogul's stock ROM."

You flat out ignored all of my stuff about apps not working right in one or the other (WM6.1 and WM6.5) too. So there are definitely under the hood improvements.

I want to hear what these major improvements to the iPhone OS are that you are talking about though. I know they added basic features like copy and paste and MMS- but WM already had all of those. And they put it on the latest and greatest hardware that WM had not utilized yet (but the HD2 has equal or even better hardware). But I am not seeing where the iPhone OS is getting major upgrades and WM is not. If anything, the iPhone OS is closer to the same one the original iPhone had than WM6.5 is to the Mogul...

Your problem is you're over analyzing pretty much everything I say making it out to be WAY more complicated than what it really is... like you've basically been doing since the beginning of this post.

BlackDynamite 01-04-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1460349)
Your problem is you're over analyzing pretty much everything I say making it out to be WAY more complicated than what it really is... like you've basically been doing since the beginning of this post.

I'm not over analyzing anything. You said Windows Mobile was old, I pointed out that WM 6.5 is brand new. You then said it was exactly the same as the Mogul's Windows Mobile, and I called bull on that. It couldn't be simpler. I also listed several examples to prove my point, but the point itself couldn't be simpler- Windows Mobile 6.5 is NOT old, and is most definitely not the same as what's on the Mogul with Manilla being the only difference.

Looking at and using a stock Mogul, and then looking at and using the 6.5 ROM on my Touch Pro 2, is WAY more of a major difference than looking at and using the first iPhone (no upgrades) and then looking at and using the last iPhone. Sure the hardware on the latest iPhone is a lot better than the first one, but the OS is not all that different.

Mr.KLeen 01-04-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d33170 (Post 1460332)

no knows yet, its hard to say when

BooDaddy 01-04-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Im gonna say 50/50. Hopefully we will hear something during their announcement on 1-6-09.

p-slim 01-04-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Nobody knows for sure but I personally think the chances are good and this is why.

1) Sprint and tmobile haven't released a winmo 6.5 capable phone without keyboard while verizon and att have the pure and imagio.

2) on the official sprint website they have a chat forum and about 4 months ago they took a poll and asked who would leave sprint and go to another carrier if they didn't pick up the HD2. I think they were trying to make sure what happened with the iphone doesn't happen again. Att gained alot of customers because sprint then verizon passed on the iphone (which was the biggest mistake ever) and apple went to att last.

These are my only reasons, they are obviously only guesses but i think we have good things coming.

Mr.KLeen 01-04-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1460420)
Nobody knows for sure but I personally think the chances are good and this is why.

1) Sprint and tmobile haven't released a winmo 6.5 capable phone without keyboard while verizon and att have the pure and imagio.

2) on the official sprint website they have a chat forum and about 4 months ago they took a poll and asked who would leave sprint and go to another carrier if they didn't pick up the HD2. I think they were trying to make sure what happened with the iphone doesn't happen again. Att gained alot of customers because sprint then verizon passed on the iphone (which was the biggest mistake ever) and apple went to att last.

These are my only reasons, they are obviously only guesses but i think we have good things coming.

thats a good reason. im switching if sprint gets it

d33170 01-04-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimecm (Post 1460427)
thats a good reason. im switching if sprint gets it

Very good points P Slim. Thanks for the feedback!