PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Who plans to go HD2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103702)

BlackDynamite 12-31-2009 02:41 PM

Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1451281)
tmobile is capitalizing on a certain market, which is what every company should do. tmobile doesn't have the majority of high end customers or business users. My point is i travel alot and i know voice serive for tmobile is spotty there is no way in hell i'm getting that, the majority of the US doesn't cross states that often, so if i live in an area where tmobile gets good service and i don't travel that much, of course i'm going to go with tmobile because they have the cheapest plans. the fact that you're even trying to say that tmobile has as good service as sprint is beyond me and tells me that you must not travel that much or you're just playing devils advocate because you've said their plans are cheaper, now you're saying their voice service is better, so why the hell do you have a sprint phone?

I have a Sprint phone and plan because Sprint is cheaper- at least the referral plan that I am on is cheaper.

I have personally been plenty of places where Sprint has no voice service and T-Mobile does. Doesn't mean it's like that everywhere, but I am not the one claiming my experience represents everyone either.

p-slim 12-31-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1451366)
I have a Sprint phone and plan because Sprint is cheaper- at least the referral plan that I am on is cheaper.

I have personally been plenty of places where Sprint has no voice service and T-Mobile does. Doesn't mean it's like that everywhere, but I am not the one claiming my experience represents everyone either.

your experience isn't the majority and thats whay i'm going off of. To the majority of the people they don't get as good service as they do with sprint, thats the bottome line.

WisdomWolfX 12-31-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1451349)
they would be losing customers every quarter because they by far have the worst customer service by far without a shadow of a doubt, thats why. They are not losing customers because of coverage. I just checked and it seems im right, tmobile has the best customer service of them all and sprint has the worse.

Agreed. Look at what Sprint's doing with spending limit customers next month. They are trying to force people to either pay $5/month or switch to autopay. I guarantee you this will force people OFF Sprint. It is unfortunate that they let poor decisions run rampant from the higher ups all the way down the reps on the phone. This is the reason that Sprint hemmorage's customers. It has very little to do with coverage and/or plan prices.

rorytmeadows 12-31-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1451370)
your experience isn't the majority and thats whay i'm going off of. To the majority of the people they don't get as good service as they do with sprint, thats the bottome line.

Here we go again. Where's the proof of the MAJORITY?

BlackDynamite 12-31-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1451304)
wow salty, you really don't know what you're talking about. the reason other coutries didn't go with cdma over gsm has alot to do with geographics and the infracture of how that country is set up. in other countries it wouldve been alot harder to set their infracture up with cdma technology so they went with gsm towers and technology. their are alot of underlying factors that I will not get into.

Totally false. If CDMA was technologically superior, as you falsely claim, then they would have went with CDMA instead.

There are countries (Canada) that initially went with CDMA, changing to GSM now. So don;t giuve me that bull about them just choosing GSM because it was easier. They had a nationwide, working CDMA network, and are going through all the trouble to change to GSM.

WisdomWolfX 12-31-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1451366)

If you are talking straight up Sprint as in the you would have to roam to VZW, I would agree with you. If you mean there is service from T-mob, but no CDMA coverage at all...I say that that is a very rare occurence indeed.

austin420 12-31-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rorytmeadows (Post 1451352)
Can we agree on SOMETHING? Let's say aren't cheeseburgers delicious?

only from dennys.lol.

p-slim 12-31-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1451379)
Totally false. If CDMA was technologically superior, as you falsely claim, then they would have went with CDMA instead.

There are countries (Canada) that initially went with CDMA, changing to GSM now. So don;t giuve me that bull about them just choosing GSM because it was easier. They had a nationwide, working CDMA network, and are going through all the trouble to change to GSM.

you're also comparing the future with what we have today. In todays world cdma is better in the US then gsm is the US. Once again i'm not a fanboy of sprint or cdma, if gsm gets as reliable and hspda is released then i'm off sprint instantly.

BlackDynamite 12-31-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1451314)
whether you want to believe it or not, they said they can do it and thats that. now you're calling them a liar, thats a different story. As of right now they said they can do it so we have to go off that.

I'm not the only one calling them a liar. In fact, I haven't seen one single person in the know who actually believes it. Did you read the comments inthe link rorytmeadows posted? Nobody buys that BS.

it's like saying they are the only network in the world who could change from CDMA to GSM with an overnight software upgrade. Utterly ridiculous.

WisdomWolfX 12-31-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1451390)
I'm not the only one calling them a liar. In fact, I haven't seen one single person in the know who actually believes it. Did you read the comments inthe link rorytmeadows posted? Nobody buys that BS.

it's like saying they are the only network in the world who could change from CDMA to GSM with an overnight software upgrade. Utterly ridiculous.

I think someone got confused here. Obviously no one can prove that they are the ONLY one that can change tech, but I'm guessing they are saying that based on the fact that they are the ONLY one in the US with a 4G OFDM network. So, technically, they are the only ones that can change from one to the other RIGHT NOW.

There's no point in disputing whether or not they could flip the switch to change tech because LTE and Wimax are far more similar than some may realize. They are not nearly as different as CDMA and GSM.