PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:47 PM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Haha.. Direct quote from the service tech...

"I can't wait for the refurbs to run out then I can upgrade you and it will make my job so much easier."

I am in a heavily populated area where a lot of big tech companies at least have offices in, if not head quartered. Literally blocks away from Oracle, Microsoft, Google (not the bay area).. Therefore this tech shop gets a lot of tech/business users, which of course means PDAs.

The tech then continued to say "We use to see a lot of these in for service, but I think most customer gave up and paid for an upgrade. Now every time I see one walk in, I don't even check it over - I just take the customers word for it and order a refurb." He kept going and even stated in the beginning they tried to replace the LCDs for all the white spots, etc.

Good news for us though - I guess there is an internal forum for Sprint Techs and the Mogul is well documented as being faulty there. He also stated that there is new talk that refurbs are already running out because they have increased the testing standards for them when they've been returned. If there is evidence of heat wear, they're not put back out.

This was all after a simple "Have you see a lot of these in lately?"... Its obviously a sore spot for them too.

Just thought I'd share the info.

Junkie
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: Haha.. Direct quote from the service tech...

LOL, funny how news like this can be good for one(Customer) & bad for the other(Sprint).

My phone is on the verge of crapping out, I can bear with the errors till I make the call to Sprint.

My kybd keeps typing double letters & my FN key is faulty. I've been getting by with Resco Keyboard Pro but I miss the screen real-estate when using the sliding kybd.

Patience is virture I guess.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6900
Carrier: sprint

longuyen is a n00b

I am having the same issues of the white spots and faulty keyboard....

It took 3 weeks before the Sprint Store at my location agreed to order me a replacement phone. They gave me multiple excuses on why it had issues.

Is anyone else having issues at their local sprint stores?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by longuyen View Post
I am having the same issues of the white spots and faulty keyboard....

It took 3 weeks before the Sprint Store at my location agreed to order me a replacement phone. They gave me multiple excuses on why it had issues.

Is anyone else having issues at their local sprint stores?
You shouldn't have any problems as long as the local store has a repair center and you have insurance. If they are just a normal Sprint store w/o a repair center, they may not be authorized to validate warranty/insurance work - therefore it wouldn't be as easy for them to replace the unit.

If you are having that much trouble with your local store, call Sprint support number and they're transfer you to the right department. They usually have the new phone to you in 1-2 business days.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Haha... Gotta love the enthusiasm from the repairman... If I saw the same stuff, day after day, I would get aggravated too.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Lurker

longuyen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgjunkie View Post
You shouldn't have any problems as long as the local store has a repair center and you have insurance. If they are just a normal Sprint store w/o a repair center, they may not be authorized to validate warranty/insurance work - therefore it wouldn't be as easy for them to replace the unit.

If you are having that much trouble with your local store, call Sprint support number and they're transfer you to the right department. They usually have the new phone to you in 1-2 business days.

Sprint TEP on all my lines! Actually they were a Sprint Store with a repair center. Their Technician didn't even open the phone and gave me BS answers. It seem like Sprint doesn't want to replace/repair these phones. Sprint departments just gives me the run around on the phone. Hopefully the new phone doesnt start with issues. Thanks for your advice.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by longuyen View Post
Sprint TEP on all my lines! Actually they were a Sprint Store with a repair center. Their Technician didn't even open the phone and gave me BS answers. It seem like Sprint doesn't want to replace/repair these phones. Sprint departments just gives me the run around on the phone. Hopefully the new phone doesnt start with issues. Thanks for your advice.
What was the problem with your phone?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Lurker

longuyen is a n00b

Just common problems with my Mogul

1) Two White spots on left Corner
2) Function Key, and E button on keyboard randomly works
3) Phone will randomly shut off
Old 11-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

My Function Key on my Mogul acts funny too... Takes 4 or 5 presses before it engages.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Lurker

dopie13 is a n00b

Took my phone to a co. owned store and told them the power button intermittantly did not work. Got NEW phone, and all the goodies in the box.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan