PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dagger969 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
Ok,

I had a problem where it kept loading Java but would tell me it could not find suite(whatever you use). I am using total commander and there is an issue with the way it was using quotations. In total commander, make sure you have your opera file highlighted go to the bottom where there is a note book icon. When you open it, you'll see the shortcut spelled out in a notebook program. Mine looked like 31#"\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s1_". I remove the last of the three quotations and hit the save disk on the bottom. After that, it loaded just fine.

Last edited by Dagger969; 09-22-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt

chrisgo is a n00b
For AT&T Tilt (Kaiser), the Midlet manager is JBed and the quotes seem to matter

"\Windows\jbed.exe" -run s#_

The end quote needs to be the end of the .exe and NOT enclosing the arguments
Old 12-13-2007, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
Hello all..
I'm aware it's been awhile for any questions.. But I have just 1..
I've done the shortcut from the app OPERA.. now i'm trying to do the icon.
as posted..
"\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s3_?\Storage Card\My Documents\OperaIcon.dll,0
what goes in (s3_? ) here and how do I find out what to put?
& at the end >> OperaIcon.dll,0 << do all characters have to be place including the ,0..?

Thanks in advance!

Donations (show love for my work)

Last edited by GODZSON; 12-13-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerh View Post
I had been using the previous Beta version on my 6700 and when I got my Mogul, I downloaded Beta 2. One site that I like Opera Mini for is Gmail. When I used Beta 2 to access it, the list of messages was really odd. It wasn't getting them all, in chrono order. It was like it was missing some. I removed Beta 2 and went back to Mini 3 and all is well. Anyone else use Gmail and have this problem?
I primarily access Gmail on my Mogul by using Google's Gmail java applet. Have you tried that?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
Not sure if anyone uses the EVE-Online skill manager through jbed like I do. I made an icon for it as you can see below. Follw the same instructions as original post, but use the DLL I included. The eveSP zip contains the jar file for the eve online skill planner.

** Also taking icon requests for other java apps.

Attached Files
File Type: zip eveicon.zip (3.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip eveSP.zip (131.1 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
Capture.jpg

Gmail icon, again, just follow the same steps as the original post. Replace the dll filename with the one you can download below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gmailicon.zip (1.8 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

supark is a n00b
very nice - thanks for figuring this out. Just installed it on my mogul with no issues
Old 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tregrad is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxross View Post
Well I finally got my OperaMini shortcut how it should be and it was such a PITA getting everything working right that I decided to share it here. You will need TotalCommander or Resco Explorer to do this. To get a shortcut to launch Opera Mini without going through the midlet manager:

1. Go to \Windows\appdb
2. You should see files like s#_suite. One of these should be Opera Mini. If it is the only Java app you have installed it will be the one that isn't s0_suite. If you have several, you can click on them to find out which launches Opera Mini. Mine is s3_suite, even though it's the only Java app I have... Now remember whatever number it is.
3. Go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
4. Find Java, and duplicate it
5. Rename it to OperaMini
6. Go into Properties > Shortcut. It should say "\Windows\jeodek.exe"
7. Make it: "\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s#_
(Replace the # with the number from step 2)

---I've now attached my Opera Mini shortcut so you can download it, put it in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and just edit it instead of duplicating the Java shortcut.

Now you have a shortcut directly to Opera Mini. The problem is, it has that stupid Java e as the icon. To get the Opera icon:

1. Download the dll attached to this post
2. Put it on your phone somewhere
3. Edit the shortcut again, this time make it: "\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s#_?\Path\To\OperaIcon.dll,0
(Obviously change the path to wherever you placed the dll.)
Here's what my shortcut target looks like to give you an example: "\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s3_?\Storage Card\My Documents\OperaIcon.dll,0

And that's it! The hardest part was creating the icon.. It's hard to get round icons to not look like crap on nonwhite backgrounds. Hope this helps someone!

1. please be specific in the files to go to, you say s#_suite but left the .jar off I know its ticky tacky but even leaving a ( " ) out of a path can screw things up for us novices.

2. there is no option to "rename" the file (total comander) do we just replace the *.* at the end of the file name to the suggested name?

3. I will probably screw things up tremendously with this but hey "cant win if ya dont play" lol

4. how about a cab for this and for us that have a bit of a noob nature ?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tregrad View Post
1. please be specific in the files to go to, you say s#_suite but left the .jar off I know its ticky tacky but even leaving a ( " ) out of a path can screw things up for us novices.

2. there is no option to "rename" the file (total comander) do we just replace the *.* at the end of the file name to the suggested name?
1. He probably left off the ".jar" because it's not there. In my case, at least, there's a s0_suite.jar, but nothing else called s(anything)_suite.jar. I have a whole range of files with various extensions and names formed like s(some number or other)_suite.utf. The ".jar" or ".utf" isn't the important part. As the original posting suggests, the important information for this purpose is the number. I didn't even fool with that - I just made the link and edited the properties with numbers starting with 1 until the midlet I wanted popped up. Then I stopped.

2. Where do you come up with the notion that there is no option to rename a file in Total Commander? I do that all the time. Just tap-and-hold on the file, select "rename" from the menu, and, well... rename it. "*.*" is a convention dating from the earliest days of DOS that means "whatever." It's up to YOU to decide what you want to call your file. Since the original that you copied has an extension of ".lnk", you might want to use that as the extension, since that will make it show up as a "link" in the program manager, but that's entirely up to you.

A .cab file for this would be very complicated, if not impossible (see non-techy note below) because everyone's setup is different. The pertinent pointer information (that number that's causing so much confusion) is going to be different depending on which and how many java midlets you have installed.

I'm just a simple country doctor, not some pointy-eared tech god, but in my opinion if these instructions don't make sense to you then you shouldn't be worried at all about that. Just move on with your life. Otherwise, you're just going to screw up your phone and get more upset.

Last edited by mstevens; 12-15-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

maxxed is keeping up the good workmaxxed is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
good work OP...followed step by step using resco explorer.

A tip for people not sure which s# belongs to opera mini, it is the one that is 97K.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan