PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Full Opera Mini Shortcut + Icon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7346)

kevxross 08-17-2007 10:32 PM

Full Opera Mini Shortcut + Icon

4 Attachment(s)
Well I finally got my OperaMini shortcut how it should be and it was such a PITA getting everything working right that I decided to share it here. You will need TotalCommander or Resco Explorer to do this. To get a shortcut to launch Opera Mini without going through the midlet manager:

1. Go to \Windows\appdb
2. You should see files like s#_suite. One of these should be Opera Mini. If it is the only Java app you have installed it will be the one that isn't s0_suite. If you have several, you can click on them to find out which launches Opera Mini. Mine is s3_suite, even though it's the only Java app I have... Now remember whatever number it is.
3. Go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
4. Find Java, and duplicate it
5. Rename it to OperaMini
6. Go into Properties > Shortcut. It should say "\Windows\jeodek.exe"
7. Make it: "\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s#_
(Replace the # with the number from step 2)

---I've now attached my Opera Mini shortcut so you can download it, put it in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and just edit it instead of duplicating the Java shortcut.

Now you have a shortcut directly to Opera Mini. The problem is, it has that stupid Java e as the icon. To get the Opera icon:

1. Download the dll attached to this post
2. Put it on your phone somewhere
3. Edit the shortcut again, this time make it: "\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s#_?\Path\To\OperaIcon.dll,0
(Obviously change the path to wherever you placed the dll.)
Here's what my shortcut target looks like to give you an example: "\Windows\jeodek.exe" -run s3_?\Storage Card\My Documents\OperaIcon.dll,0

And that's it! The hardest part was creating the icon.. It's hard to get round icons to not look like crap on nonwhite backgrounds. Hope this helps someone!

storino03 08-17-2007 10:54 PM

Awesome! I"ll try this in a little bit.

--James

apollooff320 08-18-2007 03:50 AM

got to step 4 and got losts. When you say duplicate you mean copy right? Well I copied the file and renamed it. Now how do you do step 6? I hold the sytuls on the icon and I don't see properties.

want2tokyo 08-18-2007 05:04 AM

can someone post the Java link located at \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\. mine got deleted by accident. thanks in advance. (its the one your supposed to copy)

kevxross 08-18-2007 09:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by apollooff320
got to step 4 and got losts. When you say duplicate you mean copy right? Well I copied the file and renamed it. Now how do you do step 6? I hold the sytuls on the icon and I don't see properties.

Yes, I mean copy it. You will need a better file explorer than the crippled one WM6 comes with. Look for TotalCommander or Resco Explorer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by want2tokyo
can someone post the Java link located at \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\. mine got deleted by accident. thanks in advance. (its the one your supposed to copy)

Here you go.

I've also updated the first post with my Opera Mini shortcut that you guys can use instead of copying the Java shortcut. You'll just have to change the s#_ (unless yours is s3_suite too) and the path to wherever you put my OperaIcon.dll.

sheltem 08-18-2007 09:20 PM

Works great, thanks!

Kasracer 08-19-2007 03:24 AM

Awesome, thanks! Just one thing you may want to note is that make sure the duplicate you create of the Java shortcut is not write protected! I couldn't figure out why my changes wouldn't stick at first, heh.

apollooff320 08-19-2007 04:45 AM

Thx got everything all set up perfect. For some odd reason Resco Explorer wouldn't show a lot of my files in its explorer, but Total Commander did. I want Rexco to work because I like it better and it also has all those cool things to come with it.

KennyMac 08-19-2007 08:31 AM

opera mobile

why not just use opera mobile?

kevxross 08-19-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apollooff320
Thx got everything all set up perfect. For some odd reason Resco Explorer wouldn't show a lot of my files in its explorer, but Total Commander did. I want Rexco to work because I like it better and it also has all those cool things to come with it.

Open Resco Explorer and tap Menu > Options > General. Then click the Browser tab and uncheck all the types of files you want to see.