PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 04:28 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj
So you can receive your pic mail NATIVELY? Without opening up IE? I didn't think this was possible with the mogul.
NO. This has been discussed at least 2-3 times within this thread. This app is an addon to POutlook to SEND PicMail, not receive it.

You will still receive a message with an external link when someone else sends you PicMail.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:10 AM
jkj
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jkj is a n00b
I know that, I was giving him hell for his split second comment
Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Lurker

The Unabomber is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj
So you can receive your pic mail NATIVELY? Without opening up IE? I didn't think this was possible with the mogul.
NO. This has been discussed at least 2-3 times within this thread. This app is an addon to POutlook to SEND PicMail, not receive it.

You will still receive a message with an external link when someone else sends you PicMail.

Ok well first of all excuse my ignorance I'm a noob to WM stuff in general. I just want to make sure I understand what is going on here. I have 2 Mogul's. One's mine the other is my girlfriends. I've gone ahead and done the hack on both. I just want to make sure I understand how Sprint's system sees this for billing purposes. When I send a message to her does it get billed as a MMS message or an SMS message. Also, when she receives the message on her end I'm going to assume that it get's billed as an SMS message since it arrives as a text message. Is this correct or am I a complete moron? If I am wrong could to explain to me how each is billed/seen on their system.

Example:

Send from Mogul 1=MMS

Rec on Mogul 2=SMS

Example 2:

Send from Mogul=MMS

Rec on a MMS capable phone such as A900=MMS

Example 3:

Send from A900=MMS

Rec on Mogul=SMS

Is that how it works? Thanks again and I do apologize like I said I'm new to this and just trying to make sure I'm understanding what was already said in the thread.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

toolz is a n00b
you will be billed for data on both devices for data usage which is 3 cents per kb. unless u have a vision pack then its unlimited
Old 07-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Lurker

The Unabomber is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolz
you will be billed for data on both devices for data usage which is 3 cents per kb. unless u have a vision pack then its unlimited

Well I'm on SERO so I get data. I was under the impression it charged you data rates for downloads/mms and also SMS rate for the text message you receive.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Hanniballs is a n00b
I can't use this. It locks up my messaging function when I receive an image.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
I actually don't even like this. Sure, it works, but it's pretty ghetto. You can't draw a name from your contact list to send it (at least not with Contact Manager .10), and it won't even recognize names from your list when you type them, so you have to know the number of the person you're sending it to. PITA for me, no thanks. I'll wait for a better one.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started
Re: Real Picture Mail for the Sprint Mogul - PPC-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
This is quoted from the 700wx thread as the same app has been reported to succesfully work on the Mogul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Simple one install method
Advantages no registry editing, and no configuring. Also removed stock loaded pictures and sounds saving about .5mb. Just install the .cab and everything is already set up for you. Enjoy the new extremely simple method of getting Pic/Vid Mail.

EDIT: this will not send video as of yet.....I am working with a member of SU on getting this working.

Download simple install .zip with .cab inside HERE

__________________________________________________ ______________

Manual Method
Regedit Program
1. Download a Registry edit program. I use PHM Regedit which can be found HERE!

2. Install the regedit cab file by either downloading directly to the ppc and running it or downloading onto your desktop and then syncing the file over from there and running it.

3. I always backup my registry before and after regedits, that way I have a backup file to restore from. I also keep a copy on my ppc and a copy on my desktop of all backups I have done, also make sure u number them and remember what each does or create a hack list to refer to which registry backup does what. You can backup your registry by going to start/programs/PHM Regedit/ now at the bottom there is a bar, go to tools/backup and then name and pick where you want to store the backup file.

Now to the MMS Hack
1. Download HERE!

2. After u download the file either directly to ppc or syncing the zip file over to your ppc, unzip it on ur ppc and install the cab file, then soft reset.

3. Use ur regedit program and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI
Click to open EnableServerEdit and changed the key from 0 to 1. Soft reset.

4. Go to your mail box. It should show you that you are currently in the mms folder. Select menu, then select MMS Configuration. Select the Severs tab and make a new server connection by entering the following:

Server name: Sprint
Gateway: leave blank
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: Select sprint
Sending size limitation: 350kb
WAP: Select WAP 2.0

Select ok and then set sprint as your default and then delete the Verizon one.
There you have it! Go to your pics or movies and select one. Select menu, select send, then select MMS. You can now send your picture/video mail with ease.

If u have any more problems feel free to PM me or any ?`s just drop a line.
I tried to download the .zip file to my MOGUL and I got an error message when I tried to run the zip file. "The Central Directory was not found in the archive (or you were trying to open a disk other than the last disk of a multi-disk archive). Do I need to change the file extension in order to get this to work? Or is this file just corrupted?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
No. It's a regular ZIP file, there's a CAB file in it. You need to extract the CAB from the ZIP and run it on your device.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

theFear13ss is a n00b
Re: Real Picture Mail for the Sprint Mogul - PPC-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirox_1
I tried to download the .zip file to my MOGUL and I got an error message when I tried to run the zip file. "The Central Directory was not found in the archive (or you were trying to open a disk other than the last disk of a multi-disk archive). Do I need to change the file extension in order to get this to work? Or is this file just corrupted?
Inside the zip is a .CAB file, try putting that one on and install it that way.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan