PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated: 02/05 - NO LONGER WORKING on Sprint - Real Picture Mail (PicMail, MMS)

This program/hack no longer works on Sprint devices, read the following announcement for more info...

Have Sprint? Have questions about Picture Mail / MMS? Read this first! - Updated 02/29/08

--------------------------------------------------

This is quoted from the 700wx thread as the same app has been reported to succesfully work on the Mogul.

PLEASE! Do not PM me with questions about the MMS hack/app. I did not develop it and do not USE it, so unfortunately I have no helpful input on this. It's not that I don't want to help, it's that I have no idea how to help you.

As said before, the text below was quoted from another post that was posted by Wideawake, our site's admin. Your best bet to get help, is to post on this thread. Hope this clears it up a little...

UPDATE 09/17/07: Please use the simple install method with the newest server settings to fix any issues with the mms app. ~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Simple one install method
Advantages no registry editing, and no configuring. Also removed stock loaded pictures and sounds saving about .5mb. Just install the .cab and everything is already set up for you. Enjoy the new extremely simple method of getting Pic/Vid Mail.

EDIT: this will not send video as of yet.....I am working with a member of SU on getting this working.

Download MMS PicMail simple install .zip with .cab inside http://www.ppcgeeks.com/files/PPCGeeksSprintMMS.zip

There you have it! Go to your pics or movies and select one. Select menu, select send, then select MMS. You can now send your picture/video mail with ease.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

Last edited by Pibe38; 03-06-2008 at 12:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:10 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote from first thread claiming app to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asksmity
IT WORKS!!!

I tested the mms function for the treo700wx on my 6800 and sent a test message to my friend and he recieved it.

and i used the regular "easy install" cab file
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Lurker

asksmity is a n00b
HOW TO DO VIDEO MAIL WITH 6800:

I just spent a few minutes after i installed the MMS software playing with the camera fuctions.

In the cam go through the fuctions to the "Video MMS", which looks like a video camera with MMS written accross it.

Now take a video in this mode and send it! It will use the installed MMS function!!!

I tested it on 2 different phones and the website as i couldnt believe it.

This is awesome news for the 6800.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

He's probably going to replya here later, but asksmity has sent me a PM reporting that Video MMS works too!!!

Thanks for the report! Keep the news coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asksmity
Hello,

I didnt know if it was proper or not to reply to your sticky post, but i tested the video sending as well and it works great also.

Just make sure u change the camera mode to "Video MMS" which has the icon of the vid cam with MMS written accross it. Use that and send away.

This also has been tested and verified. If you want me to reply to your sticky i will, or you can post it. But this is great news for the 6800!!!

Thanks

Chris
EDIT: There you go, he was faster than me!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
I wonder if there is an updated version when Verizon releases their xv-6800 next month?

Jeff
Old 06-20-2007, 03:10 AM
N00b

iammike is a n00b
Anyone used this while also using the Palm Threaded SMS app and can confirm that their are no conflicts?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Lurker

jobine is keeping up the good workjobine is keeping up the good workjobine is keeping up the good work
Who know the server name of TelusMobiliy MMS server ?
or that information is good ???

Quote:
Server name: Telus
Gateway: leave blank
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.telusmobility.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: Select Telus
Sending size limitation: 350kb
WAP: Select WAP 2.0
Old 06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
I have both programs installed and both working fine. i was even able to copy over my txt file for sms from my 6700 which is about 10mb (would cause my 6700 to frezee time to time cuz the file was so big but now runs perfectly in the 6800) i was able to test the picmail and sent one to my email which worked great. i tryed the same w/ video but got nothing.

Those of you that have the video working. Whats ur install process and settings.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Lurker

jobine is keeping up the good workjobine is keeping up the good workjobine is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho
I have both programs installed and both working fine. i was even able to copy over my txt file for sms from my 6700 which is about 10mb (would cause my 6700 to frezee time to time cuz the file was so big but now runs perfectly in the 6800) i was able to test the picmail and sent one to my email which worked great. i tryed the same w/ video but got nothing.

Those of you that have the video working. Whats ur install process and settings.
look the EDIT in the first post.....

Quote:
EDIT: this will not send video as of yet.....I am working with a member of SU on getting this working.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
Video does work....

it just takes a long while when sending to an email
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan