PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

af1xme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Question about replacing mogul with touch pro

Okay so I did the search and found numerous threads about having the mogul replaced with a Touch Pro by using TEP.

so basically my phone is fried due to water damage and now im looking for a replacement by TEP.

currently the phone will turn on with the screen empty, but after a few days, the screen comes on and is usable just the buttons are not responsive. plus there are a few bugs. soft reset ends up taking the screen out again but the phone will boot up.

should i basically just walk into a store and have them look at the phone?

or

should i just go to the store and say i lost my phone?

id rather have a touch pro replace my mogul than a refurbed mogul or new mogul.

thanks guys!

edit edit

also how does it work though? i mean if i simply walk into the store, theyll just give me what they have on hand? cos from other post it seems like depending on what type of damage has happened to the phone, it looks like Aurision will send a refurbed mogul?

Last edited by af1xme; 11-19-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Question about replacing mogul with touch pro

If it's water damage, I don't believe it is covered by insurance.. You will have to pay $50 for a replacement... And the chances of you walking in with that Mogul and walking out with a Touch Pro without spending any money is about 0... If you say you lost your phone, you will have to pay $50 for a replacement too...

You can ask about signing a new contract extension, or see if your eligible for an upgrade.. If you are polite and professional, you will have better luck then being rude... I wish you the best of luck..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

and people wonder why cell companies are hard to deal with..

im sorry man but you screwed up your phone..why does sprint owe you anything for free for that?

your gonna have to pay...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Before you take it in, if you have water damage, buy a new battery off ebay. They look at the battery to determine water damage or not, and an ebay battery will cost you a hell of a lot less than 50 dollars. As for trying to get a Touch Pro, good luck.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Before you take it in, if you have water damage, buy a new battery off ebay. They look at the battery to determine water damage or not, and an ebay battery will cost you a hell of a lot less than 50 dollars. As for trying to get a Touch Pro, good luck.
There is two stickers on the Mogul itself that also detect water damage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
If it's water damage, I don't believe it is covered by insurance.. You will have to pay $50 for a replacement... And the chances of you walking in with that Mogul and walking out with a Touch Pro without spending any money is about 0... If you say you lost your phone, you will have to pay $50 for a replacement too...

You can ask about signing a new contract extension, or see if your eligible for an upgrade.. If you are polite and professional, you will have better luck then being rude... I wish you the best of luck..
TEP = Total Equipment Protection which is basically insurance + extended warranty.

Since his phone suffers physical damage (water in this case) it is covered by insurance (hense the $50 deductable). He won't walk out of there with any phone, Mogul or otherwise, without paying his deductable.

I didn't add the other poster to the quote list, but Sprint does at least owe him a replacement phone (as long as he pays his deductable) as he pays for insurance for the damage he suffered.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

i'm thinking about defecting to the touch pro too! arrrg. My phones um *cough cough* antenna "broke" right. So i have a little copper wire acting as an antenna with no noticeable signal loss right.

So my buddy, the owner of our lines said they offered him a tp for $200. But since he was BARELY activating his mogul, wasn't interested in spending another $200. SO, here I am considering it. I'm REALLY happy with the titan with the new n2c rom and it's set up perfect really. Just a few annoying things.

Do you guys think for me, who is happy with the titan, the TP would be worth the $200?

arrrg

help me out gang, i don't know what to do! Maybe i'm just being cheap? hahaha

Oh, and remember, i have the extended battery and rubberized case for my titan so i go DAYS without recharging. What do i dooooooooo

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
i'm thinking about defecting to the touch pro too! arrrg. My phones um *cough cough* antenna "broke" right. So i have a little copper wire acting as an antenna with no noticeable signal loss right.

So my buddy, the owner of our lines said they offered him a tp for $200. But since he was BARELY activating his mogul, wasn't interested in spending another $200. SO, here I am considering it. I'm REALLY happy with the titan with the new n2c rom and it's set up perfect really. Just a few annoying things.

Do you guys think for me, who is happy with the titan, the TP would be worth the $200?

arrrg

help me out gang, i don't know what to do! Maybe i'm just being cheap? hahaha

Oh, and remember, i have the extended battery and rubberized case for my titan so i go DAYS without recharging. What do i dooooooooo
Well, i say buy it for $200. Then, sell it to me for $200 and i'll also give you my mint mogul with extra battery, rubberized case, and 2 chargers. Everybody wins, right?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Socrates Philosophy

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

haha what do i want another for?? I'm actually going to hand my phone down to my buddy for $100, so that'll help pay for the tp. Now that i think about it yeah $100 isn't so bad derr hahaha

but i love my titan =(
Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
haha what do i want another for?? I'm actually going to hand my phone down to my buddy for $100, so that'll help pay for the tp. Now that i think about it yeah $100 isn't so bad derr hahaha

but i love my titan =(
As a former user of the Titan, and current user of a TP, you will instantly fall in love with the TP... Think of the Titan, but with more RAM, VGA instead of WVGA, and Touch Flo...
Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Socrates Philosophy

ok, i'll look into it this weekend. i love you titan, but it's time we both moved on!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan