PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Question about replacing mogul with touch pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirox_1 View Post
Wrong!!! Water damage is not covered by TEP. You need to read the terms of the agreement.
water damage is most assuredly covered by TEP, just by the Asurion/insurance part of the TEP (that requires the 50$ deductible) and not the ESRP. TEP covers everything, even if you lose your phone, why would they not take a water damaged phone when they even cover you when you have a phone that could be vaporized?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirox_1 View Post
Wrong!!! Water damage is not covered by TEP. You need to read the terms of the agreement.
It is always funny when someone tells me to read something I've read very well; like I do every contract.

TEP = Total Equipment Protection, pay close attention to the TOTAL part.

I have read the agreement for both the Equipment Replacement Program (Assurian Insurance) and the Equipment Service & Repair Program (In-store swap) and I'm very well aware of what they do and do not cover.

But since it is a pissing contest without the definitive word from Sprint I'll link you to their legal documents as well as their "easy read" version.

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se...services.shtml

Read them yourself before you tell someone else to read them...
Old 11-25-2008, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nuelo is just getting started

SCREW THE TOUCH PRO! I am pissed that the Touch HD isn't coming to North America or CDMA! The TP's screen is too small anyway. I am going to hold onto my Titan until they release something comparible to the Touch HD in North America that IS CDMA. Its just a matter of time and patiences. They are bound to release better-and-better device each year.

Just look at how fast this industry is growing. I have never seen such a quick evolution of a market before. I bought my Titan in 2007 when it was "state-of-the-art". It was an innovation to have a PDA and a phone in the same device. A year later they come out with iPhone like devices. It's just a matter of time before the right one for me comes out. In the meantime, the 6800 is a work horse and a tank. It will last me for as long as I need to just on a truly better device. Not the TP...
Radio Version: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL 2.47
"To copy ideas from one person is plagiarism. To copy ideas from many people is research."
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I agree with you nuelo, for the most part.. The problem with doing that wait-and-see game is that you will always be in a continuous loop... Products will always get faster, more innovative, more "better" in every sense.. Waiting for a CDMA Touch HD or equivalent is a good idea, but if you wait any longer, your Titan will possibly become obsolete.. New OS designs will come and will not be offered for your Titan.. But I agree that the Titan is great... The TP is not so much a revolutionary upgrade as an evolutionary upgrade from the Titan..
Old 11-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Waiting for a CDMA Touch HD or equivalent is a good idea, but if you wait any longer, your Titan will possibly become obsolete.. New OS designs will come and will not be offered for your Titan.. But I agree that the Titan is great... The TP is not so much a revolutionary upgrade as an evolutionary upgrade from the Titan..

I agree. I have a pentium 4 3c 3ghz chip with HT and an evga 6600 GT nvidia card and played the wait for the lower/better/faster/maximum deal right... I can't even get agp cards for my mobo anymore! They're all pciE.

So, although it generally makes fiscal sense to wait technology out (depending on your needs) wait too long like me and your equipment becomes obsolete.

The good thing though is that I still have like 32MB video cards, so what's my current box will become my bsd server and my bsd server will retire (it's hdd's are faling anyways) so it'll be nice when i get it restored and runing again.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuelo View Post
SCREW THE TOUCH PRO! I am pissed that the Touch HD isn't coming to North America or CDMA! The TP's screen is too small anyway. I am going to hold onto my Titan until they release something comparible to the Touch HD in North America that IS CDMA. Its just a matter of time and patiences. They are bound to release better-and-better device each year.

Just look at how fast this industry is growing. I have never seen such a quick evolution of a market before. I bought my Titan in 2007 when it was "state-of-the-art". It was an innovation to have a PDA and a phone in the same device. A year later they come out with iPhone like devices. It's just a matter of time before the right one for me comes out. In the meantime, the 6800 is a work horse and a tank. It will last me for as long as I need to just on a truly better device. Not the TP...
I agree completely nuelo. After owning the Titan for some time now, as my first smartphone, I require the following things on my next phone:
  1. An HD format (16:9)
  2. Faster video drivers.
  3. A 3.5 mm jack, STANDARD, built in!
  4. Gyro-sensor
  5. A better camera, preferably one that can record in HD formats
  6. More memory!
The Touch Pro only has 4, 6, and possibly 2 (but I want better). Therefore, it is NOT my next phone as it is lacking 1, 3, and 5. Also, I have learned that I can probably live without a hard keyboard. I was convinced that I couldn't - but I'll be darned if I don't get just as many mistakes with the keyboard on the Titan as I do using TouchPal or touch/soft keyboards on other phones.

I won't be waiting forever as more and more phones comes out, because once a phone comes out that satisfies these requirements (preferably from HTC and a WM phone), I will get it.

Until then, my Titan lives on.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I hope that phone comes out for you.. That is definitely an "iPhone killer"... The rumoured Microsoft phone might possibly meet your requirements.. It has a Nvidia video card and a 624 Mhz ARM processor..
Old 11-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Ok...we seem to have gotten a bit off topic (there is a thread for the Touch HD, etc.) so I'm gonna close this one down.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan