PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

thomlanphear is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My 6800 Sontaneously Turns Off

I gave my Mogul to one of my co-workers and he came to me this week with the same issue. I'll have to check with him about the static. We wear uniforms so I guess it could be caused by static build up so I'll have to look into it. I have the Diamond with no issue but I usually leave it in the holster. I think I have seen him put the mogul in his pocket. It does seem a little weird to have it happening to so many people all over at the same time. Any possibility that Sprint did something or is it possible that the latest PRL could have done something. Just seems weird
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: page plus

mooneyb is a n00b

I'm Alltel and its happening to me.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Does this seem strange to anyone else?

I'm not too worried since I, as well as most of you, have insurance on the phone. In fact if it is a fault in the phone it may be a good reason for us to be "upgraded" to a touch pro here soon
Old 11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I've been off work for three days now and my phone has performed flawlessly on a single charge. I have carried it in my pants pocket (jeans), my cargo pants pocket (100% cotton). Did this to rule out the banging around in the pocket theory and the phone stayed on all day. Also carried it in the holster some while I was wearing my jeans.

My scrubs are 65% polyester and 35% cotton and thus would be more prone to static accumulation.

I may try the fabric softener sheet in my pocket....heck, I've found them in my pants leg before, but not since the phone problem.

Interesting side note. My step son is having a similar problem with his LG Rumor. Guess what....happens most of the time when he is wearing nylon sweat pants!

I'll report back after the dryer sheet test. Will go half the shif without the dryer sheet and half with.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Lurker

matsonjb is a n00b

Guys I want to say that this theory is correct. I had the same thing happened to me as the phone was on my bed. I have a micro suede comforter that can be staticly charged and I noticed the same thing as mentioned. Thanks for help...
Old 04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

j3phone is just getting started

I know what makes my Mogul 6800 shut off spontaneously.

I purchased a larger battery. Whenever I stick this battery into the phone, it shuts off spontaneously. When I install the original battery, it never shuts off spontaneously.

Now, the question is ..... why?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: page plus

mooneyb is a n00b

My phone is getting worse about this. It is about to the point that i am going to have to move on. It is dying several times a day. I don't ever know how long its been off. I just wish there was some way to fix the problem.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Seek out a new battery or a new battery cover. Mine with an extended battery does this once in a while. Its rare but it does happen.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jayr0422 is just getting started

I was having this problem a couple days ago so I called Sprint and they sent me out another phone...
Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Angry Re: My 6800 Sontaneously Turns Off

I've been using the last "Kitchen" since Dec., radio upgrade, unlocked phone, and Verizon GPS hack with no problems. A week or 2 ago my phone starts resetting itself randomly and I finally called Verizon tech support (This is a brand new phone I got in December 200 and they recommended that I upgrade my phones firmware -> .....yes,!!! flashing my phone !!!!
The representative I talked to even asked if I had a data cable available...
I was having an outage issue with my GPS at about the same time but it wasn't that important at the time as opposed to have a phone that worked.

This was the site they sent me to get the rom to flash my phone with: http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downl...zon%20Wireless

I flashed to "MR2" and phone seemed to work fine minus all the a nice goodies that come with the "kitchen", so could this be related somehow to the GPS outage ?

thanks...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan