PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 10:00 AM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My 6800 Sontaneously Turns Off

Ummm, weird. Same thing here.... It seems as though my battery has gone down hill quickly too.

I'm running
Stock Build 19208.1.0.1

WMWifiRouter
SlingPlater Mobile
SkyFire
Google Mas
GPSToday
GeoTagger
Google Gears

Mine seems to do it more often directly atfer use. Mine has also resetted normally, during use a lot lately.

I was planning on taking it in for service until I read this.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Vinny is a n00b

Ditto here, mine started doing this as well. Was really bad last week, not so much this week.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:44 PM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Maybe we all need to get this documented with Sprint - as it seems to be a recent problem for a lot of us. I'll go ahead and call tech support tonight and start a ticket. Others may want to do the same.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have not updated or added or removed any program in a couple of months. Never had this issue until the past week.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 PM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
I have not updated or added or removed any program in a couple of months. Never had this issue until the past week.
I think that's most of us. I can only think of one change in two months, and thats an update of Google Gears two or three weeks ago. Its very strange...

Of course, it could be something as simple as the batteries have a very specific cycle life, and since the majority of users charge every night, we're all hitting it at the same time.... Seems to be more then that though...

Last edited by bsgjunkie; 10-31-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Vinny is a n00b

I think mine started before google gears... but it was aroundthe same time... so maybe not...
Old 10-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I'm running the sprint stock 6.1 ROM. The only non stock "update" to my phone is the 3.42.50 radio.
Not much in the line of programs;
iNav Iguidance
SPB Mobile Shell
T GPS
and thats about it.

I have been experimenting. If I put the phone in my jeans pocket nothing happens. In my scrubs pocket it shuts off several times. My shirt pocket (scrubs) it stays on.
OK, now the "TMI" part. I have really hairy legs and when I wear my scrubs at work I get a lot of static. (Yes, I use fabric softener... ) On dry, low humidity days, especially in the colder months, the static is bad and it has been recently. It seems like that is when it shuts off the most - and consistently.
I have tried shaking it and it stays on. It has fallen out of my shirt pocket once and stayed on. I have run to "code blues" with it in my shirt pocket and it really gets jostled around...but it stays on.
I don't get a lot of static on my scrubs top because I wear a t-shirt under it.
Also, if I wear it in my holster and I run up and down stairs (a lot at work) it does not shut off.
If I leave it in my mobile workstation (a rugged cart with a really cool tablet pc, extended battery and locking drawers) It stays on.

My guess...and bet is on the static electricity. Not the momentary static shocks like when you touch something bt more like the static "aura" that you get if you take off a sweater and it makes the hair on your arms (and for some of us chests and backs...LOL) stand on end. That kind of static.

David
Old 10-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: page plus

mooneyb is a n00b

Interesting theory. Mine only shuts off when I am at work. I am a teacher and I always were slacks to work. There is always a good bit of static built up in my slacks. My leg hair stands on end when I take them off. As far as I remember work is the only place that my phone does its little shut down thing. When I'm not at work I wear my good ole cotton jeans.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The static theory seems pretty good so far. The air has been colder and obviously drier too. Although not sure why I didnt notice it last year. Perhaps it is a combination of aging components and static?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:28 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

while your problem might be static (try a piece of fabric softner in the pocket)

I had this problem with my main phone with my extended battery, but not my other phone. if it got bumped wrong it would shut off. I narrowed it down to the battery being slightly shorter and in that phone it was just enough. I put a small peice of black tape on the battery and problem is solved.. I still found it strange only 1 phone has the issue though. probably just wear on the contact springs, they've had a year of abuse by now..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan