View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 05:48 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My 6800 Sontaneously Turns Off

I'm running the sprint stock 6.1 ROM. The only non stock "update" to my phone is the 3.42.50 radio.
Not much in the line of programs;
iNav Iguidance
SPB Mobile Shell
T GPS
and thats about it.

I have been experimenting. If I put the phone in my jeans pocket nothing happens. In my scrubs pocket it shuts off several times. My shirt pocket (scrubs) it stays on.
OK, now the "TMI" part. I have really hairy legs and when I wear my scrubs at work I get a lot of static. (Yes, I use fabric softener... ) On dry, low humidity days, especially in the colder months, the static is bad and it has been recently. It seems like that is when it shuts off the most - and consistently.
I have tried shaking it and it stays on. It has fallen out of my shirt pocket once and stayed on. I have run to "code blues" with it in my shirt pocket and it really gets jostled around...but it stays on.
I don't get a lot of static on my scrubs top because I wear a t-shirt under it.
Also, if I wear it in my holster and I run up and down stairs (a lot at work) it does not shut off.
If I leave it in my mobile workstation (a rugged cart with a really cool tablet pc, extended battery and locking drawers) It stays on.

My guess...and bet is on the static electricity. Not the momentary static shocks like when you touch something bt more like the static "aura" that you get if you take off a sweater and it makes the hair on your arms (and for some of us chests and backs...LOL) stand on end. That kind of static.

David