PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!

--Call Processing State =2 = paging chanel state
--Service Option# =0
--Band# =sleep mode (when transmissions happen w data it flashes CDMA)
--CH# =(keeps swaping beteen 2 #s) 384 & 675
--SID# =20
--Active Set =96

--extra--

--Slot Cycle =1

Current state; not roaming, no voice, with data connected.

Last edited by nuguy; 07-21-2008 at 09:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800/Mogul

cycomachead is just getting started

shaggy, I'll try to get that info today. I've never had to edit the epst myself when upgrading or flashing. How can I tell if my voice is active? (I don't use phone data, only WiFi).
Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800/Mogul

cycomachead is just getting started

Ok heres some screen grabs of the field trial app.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (15.2 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (15.2 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (15.2 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:33 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomachead View Post
shaggy, I'll try to get that info today. I've never had to edit the epst myself when upgrading or flashing. How can I tell if my voice is active? (I don't use phone data, only WiFi).
yea for the most part that area is pretty reliable. (if left alone)

good ? though on the phone.. I think when the modem slot cycle and the field trial happen to refresh @ the same time (every few seconds)
with service I just make a phone call and go back to field trial with the call still active.

another good point I was reminded of,

Anybody got a recommendation for an app that lets you see 2 active programs in a "window" this would help a lot.

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-21-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:57 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I too have been pretty busy / distracted, and have only done limited testing lately (I try when I'm traveling 15-20+ miles) and if it's a new area, I set my main phone on roam (i want em all ) to get a feel for how many are there.

so here's a theory dump

I'm not sure if it's the voice that's getting recognized though.. I'm suspecting a difference in 1x & evdo (i get more sprint towers in 1x) and who knows, that might be the "culprit"

so here's rough results for a given 20-30 mile stretch I've tried @ different settings just in the regular phone settings area.

1 = sprint/automatic with hybrid network
3 = roam only with hybrid network
5 = sprint/automatic with 1x only

like I said I've been busy, and some of this was done on the fly (no notes) so something else may have been different (route, setting, ect...) also I drive alone, and I try to still watch the road.

so these are "safe" setting changes (roaming charges may apply) that likely "fix" the issue. the more testing "we" can do the better it can be nailed down..
("I personally still want to figure out exactly what in "field trial" changes to collect a cell)

EDIT: I was using advanced config to end my data sessions after 1-5 min (again inconsistent)

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-21-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

I like the idea of this program, and I like being able to see where I've mapped on my "coverage" map.

However, even after starting up the program and having it run, sometimes it seems to track nothing. I took a big trip to the other side of town, and it picked up nothing, even though I had it running. Curiously, the stats that keep track of APs and Cells on the phone do not show. How do I make sure it is registering APs and Cells when I head out?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6 View Post
I like the idea of this program, and I like being able to see where I've mapped on my "coverage" map.

However, even after starting up the program and having it run, sometimes it seems to track nothing. I took a big trip to the other side of town, and it picked up nothing, even though I had it running. Curiously, the stats that keep track of APs and Cells on the phone do not show. How do I make sure it is registering APs and Cells when I head out?
ok, just to make sure you even have it using the internal gps, Do you have a green gps icon? and if on the map, it should have an arrow pretty close to where are, and get more accurate shortly after that.

also at the moment best way to make sure it starts using wifi, is to have wifi turned on Before starting navizon.

the cell issue is still being looked into.. (see my other posts..)

happy trails.. , but not too many, (i want them too ) j/k the more the merrier

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-21-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
ok, just to make sure you even have it using the internal gps, Do you have a green gps icon? and if on the map, it should have an arrow pretty close to where are, and get more accurate shortly after that.

also at the moment best way to make sure it starts using wifi, is to have wifi turned on Before starting navizon.

the cell issue is still being looked into.. (see my other posts..)

happy trails.. , but not too many, (i want them too ) j/k the more the merrier
Yea, the GPS icon is green. I usually always start wifi before turning it on. Weird.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

and you went to the far left of the options screen to the gps tab and told it com4 right?
(little arrows above right softkey)

don't want to go noobian, but it is an out-of-the-way setting, that's easily missed.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
and you went to the far left of the options screen to the gps tab and told it com4 right?
(little arrows above right softkey)

don't want to go noobian, but it is an out-of-the-way setting, that's easily missed.
Yeap. Settings are correct. I'm pretty sure it's getting a GPS lock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan