PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!

Mods, how about we move this on over to the software forum for increased viewing pleasure...

Just open a browser on your mobile phone or PDA and go to http://www.navizon.com/. In just one click you will be ready to go.

My referal code is 5E5D5D5F, I appreciate you using it!

Also on another note:

I was nosin' around the boards over there, and ran accross the fact that their iPhone version is supporting locate from sms!

I asked about it for wm, and was told IT'S COMING!!

WHAT AM I SO EXCITED ABOUT????

Quote:
Adds a Locate-by-SMS feature. When this setting is enabled and a keyword is set, when an SMS is received that begins with the keyword a locate will be performed automatically and an SMS reply will be sent containing the location. If in USA and a street address has been identified then the SMS reply will contain that, otherwise it will contain a link to a point on a google map. The locate is attempted three times before a SMS reply with a failed message is sent.

Put simply, tell your friends the keyword and they can locate you whenever they like, or you can locate your own phone if you misplace it.

Get some points racked up and turn your first reward into a license, 'cause I am sure this is going to be a premium feature....

______Original Post Below__________

Now that we all have built in GPS, I would like to introduce you to what I use to start my GPS. I open Navizon, turn on my wifi, and pause till it is open. Then I open my mapping ap (I like Live Search).

Navizon gets started quickly with the cell tower and wifi access point triangulation, and then gets the gps chip going quickly; so live search is ready to go by the time I get in a destination.

Navizon:
http://www.navizon.com

Navizon is a wireless positioning system that works a little bit like a GPS, except it uses Cellular Towers and Wifi access points instead of satellites. In addition to being a wireless position system, Navizon offers features like the Directions, Buddy finder, Geotags and more...

This software relies on a community of users who contribute data to the system (WiFi and Cellular towers) when they have a GPS device. And the cool thing is that we can earn money doing it with the Navizon reward system:
http://www.navizon.com/navizon_rewards.asp
I'm already using it and you could make money too with it if you're interested. All you need is to install it on your phone and have Navizon connected to your GPS. Every Wifi access points that you pass, every cell tower that you log will mean money in your pocket.

So now that you have a phone that is compatible with Navizon, you should really check it out.

If you plan on registering, please do so by clicking on the link below:

http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F

That way, I can also earn some referral points if I'm the one who introduced you to the system

If you like the wifi positioning by itself - you can cash in your first $20 payout for the full version, after that it gets popped into your paypal account, and if you turn your friends onto it you can get a little extra too!

In fact, hey birthday boy, Mike (wideawake), why not put a link to this in the help ppcgeeks thread, I bet it would generate a bit of "mad money"!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590

Last edited by nuguy; 02-06-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Cleaned up and updated....
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Re: Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!

I've beta tested a lot worse than Navizon, and they never paid me a dime...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

For those of you that have interest in trying to resolve the issue...

http://www.navizon.com/phpbb2/viewto...er=asc&start=0

I think it's either a GPS setup issue, or a ROM setup issue.

I am using the most recent stock sprint rom on a xv6800 and my GPS is setup to hybrid mode (4). what are the rest of you using?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

I wonder if the locate by sms (text message) is in this new build?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:47 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I would think it would show up in options, but could be wrong..
Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ok, I'm not sure why I didn't look into this earlier, but I have the same issue with cell's as 3.5.1.1, so I fired up the Field Trial app and think I may have found what the issue is.
before I report back to navizon, I want to try to narrow it down a little more, so I need some help from those who's cell light is green right after start, and especially verizon users...

1st. verizon ppl, do you know if when programming the phone (epst) do you set a SID# ?

2nd. the item's I'm concerned with are
--Call Processing State
--Service Option#
--Band #
--CH#
--SID#
--Active Set
what are the typical values (idle-no voice/data) and (active-voice and/or data)
can you tell which changes when navizon collects a cell?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

@Shaggy
I'll test for you later, probably tonight. What are you seeing there, and what are you suspecting?

Do you have any alternative settings to try?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:56 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

not sure if the settings (except SID# which for sprint has to be set right) can be changed, but I think one/few of these readings are what navizon lookes for.

the ones listed are all suspect to me, but for example, when I'm on sprint/auto "BAND#=CDMA PCS", but when on Roaming "BAND#= CDMA cellular"
Old 07-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Oldguy
Threadstarter

@Shaggy I know it's been a couple of busy days, but I finaly tried to get the info you are looking for. I am thinking this is something you see in a sprint build, not a verizon build. I could be wrong and just don't know where to see this info, been all through epst, and every phone option I have...
I like you have two 6800's right now, one is my 'live' phone and is running the no2chem kitchen, the other is my 'developmental' and it running no2 2.2 pre8. Info is not available in either except as noted.

I would love to help you out, as I have the beleif that you are on the right general track, and it will then enable the more cell collection on both platforms!, However as of right now, I'm not sure how to help...

1st. when programming the phone (epst) do you set a SID# ?
=Yes , for me (I belive all Vzw) it's 20/65535

2nd. the item's I'm concerned with are
--Call Processing State
--Service Option#
--Band #
--CH#
--SID# (20/65535)?
--Active Set
what are the typical values (idle-no voice/data) and (active-voice and/or data)
=I don't have that info in epst, or options from the phone. Where are you seeing this info specificly?

can you tell which changes when navizon collects a cell?
=Not at this point.

example, when I'm on sprint/auto "BAND#=CDMA PCS", but when on Roaming "BAND#= CDMA cellular"
=I don't have that info in epst, or options from the phone. Where are you seeing this info specificly?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
@Shaggy I know it's been a couple of busy days, but I finaly tried to get the info you are looking for. I am thinking this is something you see in a sprint build, not a verizon build. I could be wrong and just don't know where to see this info, been all through epst, and every phone option I have...
I like you have two 6800's right now, one is my 'live' phone and is running the no2chem kitchen, the other is my 'developmental' and it running no2 2.2 pre8. Info is not available in either except as noted.

I would love to help you out, as I have the beleif that you are on the right general track, and it will then enable the more cell collection on both platforms!, However as of right now, I'm not sure how to help...

1st. when programming the phone (epst) do you set a SID# ?
=Yes , for me (I belive all Vzw) it's 20/65535
don't worry you ALREADY have (maybe) sprint phones billed to central IA use 4124

I knew I should have tried to make it more clear, because #1 was more or a reference to epst.

I'm looking in "Field Trial" (should be in the "advanced settings" on no2roms, or if nueLinks is ran.
Field Trial - ##33284 (#)

I've got some interesting notes, on some things I've been messing with (i've been letting my ma (traveling, wishes she'd give up uscc) use my 2nd line on an old phone, so I kinda jacked my 2nd mogul. I will wait till I come round full circle on all the settings I played with to report my findings...

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-21-2008 at 12:56 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan