PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: White Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Lad! View Post
I have the same issue as well. I had my Mogul swapped for a refurb today. My old one had the white spot, but it wasnt that bad. The refurbed one I got today has a huge one. It is very noticable, and it's noticable on dark screens as well.

I have to harass Sprint about my refurb, it has dirt inmbedded into the edges around the battery. I'm ed with it.
Ew dude, thats why you always check the refurbs before you leave the store. Most of the refurbs are returned because of the white spot.... I know i alone returned 3 for the spot when I had my mogul.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Ew dude, thats why you always check the refurbs before you leave the store. Most of the refurbs are returned because of the white spot.... I know i alone returned 3 for the spot when I had my mogul.

Yea, when Sprint ordered my first one, I took it home. I didn't check it over enough and it had an LED burnt out and the white spot. When I took it in, they said all Moguls have the white spot, so they would only replace it because of the LED. The second Mogul comes in and I was actually impressed because it was in perfect condition (cosmetically). Then I started testing all the wireless functions and found out the wifi didn't work. I was upset because refurbished phones are mostly garbage but this had a good screen on it. Now they just received my 3rd one in, I hope this next mogul is defect free (slim odds), but arg to refurbished ones. I know they won't order another if its just for the white spot, at my store anyway.

Sprint has a QC problem with refurbished phones. My returns have been a big time waste and gas waste. I don't mind a refurbished product if its been 100% tested. Please improve QC Sprint.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:42 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
.big time waste and gas waste..
See my sig I got paid for my returns.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
See my sig I got paid for my returns.
Nice. I'm not mad anymore after today. I was surprised by Sprint this time. They brought my ordered phone out in the original Mogul box. I never returned my old box, so I knew this was a new phone. I check and it was. It was a pleasant surprise and I am very happy now. I got lucky . Now I can finally sell it on ebay and cover some of my costs for the Touch Pro.

It looks like the 3rd time is a charm.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shortbushemi is a n00b

my titan has had the white spot since around september of this year.. got the phone in august... well the other day i noticed a very large crack on the screen and my touch screen wouldn't work... the crack arcs around the spot, so i think the spot cracked the screen.. and the tech at the verizon store agreed, so they are sending me a new one. they didn't have any instock. it sucks cause i won't have it till friday
Old 01-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pentium 4

hurleyk is a n00b

Please can anybody assist me, i need clean refurblished and unlocked htc8525 thats not more than $150. Please i will appreciate any form of assistance. lurx2002@yahoo.com
Old 01-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor

I returned one the other day for the "spot". and the one they sent me had a spot as well. Why do ALL of the tech support guys act like they have never heard of this before. they act like i am speaking a different language.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Cellcom

onioneater36 is just getting started

I never saw the spots on my titan until I read this post and now BLAMMO, there it is as plain as day. Hopefully after a good nights sleep I'll forget about it and not realize they are there tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: VZW

jmayniac is just getting started

I had the spot on my old xv6800 from Verizon. I got a replacement because of onrelated issues and this one is so far, spotless, but I'm sure it will develop spots... sometime.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I as well have had the white spots. The first 6800 I had, took about 5 months for them to appear. So I called up verizon and they sent me out a new one. The replacement I had received appeared to be new, not in box but no cosmetic damage or anything of the sort. After about 3 days of use, the white spot again appeared and is growing increasingly bright and annoying. I just got off the phone with them and they are sending me yet another replacement, and the replacement being another 6800.

I am hoping that after I send the phone in again that they are sending me now, they will realize that they need to give me the Touch Pro. This is what I did to upgrade from the 6700 to 6800 with no added cost. And no I did not commit any kind of fraud, all my problems have been legit.

Has anyone at all received a Touch Pro because of this issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan