PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: White Spots

So today I went to local Sprint store because of the white spots. The technician turn be down say its normal we can't do anything about it.

I can't wait for the touch pro I'm tossing this pos out the window.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hey you hurt the Mogul's feeling. It is a great phone, requires tweaking and all but hey like all things, it is temporary.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you just need to read the terms of your warranty VERY carefully. being that I amin IL all warranty repairs are done by sprint and not asurion and they kept telling me I had to send my phone into asurion. well long story short I started quoting the pamphlet and lo and behold they are sending me a NIB mogul. which will also reset my 30 day satisfaction with the phone thing since its basically charging to my account and then getting credited once I send them mine(raphael for 50 bucks anyone??). you just need to come up with a good reason why the whitespot is a problem (and im sure you can find other things wrong with it) though it took me 3 refurbs and a month and a half of yelling
Old 10-01-2008, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

jax2k3 is a n00b

I had this actually... it seems that the LCD might be going bad.. I had 1 white spot on the bottom left... didn't go away even if you changed from port to land mode....
so Telus had to get my a replacement... took a while... but anyways, it did get worst as I had 2 by the time I got the replacement... so my advise to get it replaced ASAP
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwyre View Post
It's most likely a heat issue; take a look at these pictures:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

If you go down to page 20, you can see what's hidden under that buldge in the plastic casing you can see on the back of the screen when you slide open your phone.

That chip may be the controller for the backlight or any number of other things; the FCC failed hard when they didn't take a picture specifically of the chip and what looks like a LIP or ZIP connector.

End result, it's a hardware flaw. Now the game is, how long will they lie and bull**** everyone with the mantra "It's not a common problem".
I agree, The LCD polarizer ( A digital window that opens and closes ) seems to be affected by heat. The same thing happens to LCD Projectores ( NOT DLP ) after a lot of hours of use, you can see spots like theses, but not white, since the LCD projectors have 3 LCD's ( Red, Green and Blue ) you'll notice color spots in the screen. Mine has the spot, my wife's has it, always in the same freaking place. They're just too silly to not assume a hardware fault. shame on HTC. Who cares? still a great phone.... lets take this "fashion white spot" as an extra charm... they could add it to the phone's feature:

.... - Built-in GPS
- QVGA Touch Screen
- Qwerty Keyboard
- Cutting edge Personal White spot
Old 10-21-2008, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

I just paid $55 to have mine replaced and the phone that Sprint ordered has a white spot in the left lower corner. My other Mogul had the same white spot. Should I complain and have them order another one? I don't want to have to go through 5 Moguls to get one good one. I would like it fixed though.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

azjesse is a n00b

my mogul has a spot on the left side of the screen too lol
Old 10-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC PPC6800

v0LaT1Le_fluid is a n00b

Hi. I'm new to the forums here... I've been searching the net and have found many posts about 2 white spots on the Titan (PPC6800, Mogul, etc.) screen. Although I do not have the 2 white spots on my screen, I have noticed in the past couple of days that there is a single white spot on the screen when the camera is active. I thought maybe the camera window was dirty but cleaning it didn't help. Has anyone else seen this issue? It ONLY happens when the camera is active.

-Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

amirborna is a n00b

white spot lower left, not all the way down about 1 cm up
Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss

okay im on my third swap ..all have white spots ....
what should i do now ..should i ask for a HTC TOuch Pro?

im really tired of all this

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan