Thread: White Spots
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
fred_dj
PPCGeeks Regular

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: White Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwyre View Post
It's most likely a heat issue; take a look at these pictures:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

If you go down to page 20, you can see what's hidden under that buldge in the plastic casing you can see on the back of the screen when you slide open your phone.

That chip may be the controller for the backlight or any number of other things; the FCC failed hard when they didn't take a picture specifically of the chip and what looks like a LIP or ZIP connector.

End result, it's a hardware flaw. Now the game is, how long will they lie and bull**** everyone with the mantra "It's not a common problem".
I agree, The LCD polarizer ( A digital window that opens and closes ) seems to be affected by heat. The same thing happens to LCD Projectores ( NOT DLP ) after a lot of hours of use, you can see spots like theses, but not white, since the LCD projectors have 3 LCD's ( Red, Green and Blue ) you'll notice color spots in the screen. Mine has the spot, my wife's has it, always in the same freaking place. They're just too silly to not assume a hardware fault. shame on HTC. Who cares? still a great phone.... lets take this "fashion white spot" as an extra charm... they could add it to the phone's feature:

.... - Built-in GPS
- QVGA Touch Screen
- Qwerty Keyboard
- Cutting edge Personal White spot