PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello all,

I have been searching and I can't find the answer to my question, please help. Does the Touch have an mult-tap screen, meaning you can press more that one button at the same time?

On my 6700(just purchased a 6800) i download this kb fix, and I could multi-tap on the keyboard. This comes in handy for typing texts and emails real fast, and works wonders with games such as SNES and GBA.

If the Touch is Multi-tap then that would be great, I would be willing to switch over.

Totally off topic:

The Touch looks like the i-Phone proto-type in 1999! <-Dis regard that, please
Old 11-28-2007, 09:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

jah_rankin is a n00b
Not Quite

10 Nov 2007 by Mike Zotos

7.2 out of 10
I have to say I was anxious to get this phone once I heard it was on it's way (Thanks PhoneArena). Unfortunately I had to wait several days to activate it due to Sprint's backend upgrades this week. What idiot decided to make this major upgrade the same day they introduce a phone that was supposed to compete with I-Phone? Obviously their departments to not TALK to each other! This action left a sour taste in my nouth.

There are numerous flaws with this phone. First, and the most annoying, is that in standby mode the phone crashes for no apparent reason. At first I suspected it was due to one of the programs running in the background but after I closed all the running programs it still happened. This caused me to lose several incoming calls. Each time I didn't find out the phone had crashed until I went to use it myself. The worst part about this is that you cannot reboot the phone using any button. You have to take off the rear battery cover and remove the battery and then re-install. Very frustrating.

The second most annoying feature is the pop-up keyboards. On many occasions the keyboard hides the fields that you are trying to enter data into. This means you have to continuously go back and forth checking what you have typed to see if it's correct. How hard would it have been to move the whole screen upwards to keep the input field visible? Could no one at HTC see this problem? Wow.

There are other problems too. Too numerous to mention here. Let's just say that the blame for these problems should be disrtibuted evenly between Sprint, Microsoft, and HTC. I hope the first firmware update addresses these major issues quickly. You can also point the finger at Apple too. Because of the I-Phone manufaturers and service providers are rushing out phones before they're ready. To me the HTC Touch is a beta prototype at best.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

joeysleeve is a n00b
I am new to this site, sorry if I am in the wrong area, but can anyone tell me where I can download the Touch style screen/desktop for the Mogul 6800? I was told you can do this. BTW, not sure I like Mogul. Fonts for desktop and incoming caller ID much to small. Also considering trading for Touch before 30 day trial experires. Thanks

Last edited by joeysleeve; 02-07-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pocket pc

bigshugg75 is a n00b
i am trying to download it to my phone
Old 02-12-2008, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch 6900
Carrier: Sprint

bonabob is just getting started
Sorry to bring an old topic back up and start an argument But here are some pictures from the Touch..

My buddy who was there has an iphone and his pictures didn't come out as sharp as mine!

Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch 6900
Carrier: Sprint

bonabob is just getting started

Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work
Re: Is the Touch better than the Mogul

If you want a good camera they have a sony 9 megapixel on sale at Best Buy for $150. You will not get a quality camera on any other device yet. Your touch pictures has severe color smoothing issues. I have mogul my wife has the touch. The touch was mine but we switched because I have fingers the size of sourdough loaves and cannot for the life of me accurately type on the touch except on the dream keyboard which you have to touch each button multiple times to produce the correct character and the fact that my wife said the touch was cuter. I have made each phone almost identical I added the latest touchflo 2.8 to each, they scroll exactly the same. I have an sd wifi card for my touch which the reception is horrible but works good as wifi router if you have a laptop or other device within range. Battery life on touch is a very small amount better. With dcd's 3.2.5 and radio 3.37 on titan, bluetooth issues are eliminated. The point is who cares. I could live with either. I don't have any memory issues on my titan. You can find a rom that leaves you with plenty of rom and ram to do pretty much anything. Give me one advantage of one and I'll top it with the other.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon touchpro

DANNYMAC1980 is a n00b
Re: Is the Touch better than the Mogul

I have the touch and I can send pics to phone numbers....I had the 6800 and went through 5 in 8 months, I did no mods to it and I bet that was the problem. Straight out the box the phone was crap. Im undecided right now on the touch though. I really like the keyboard. especially when on the go with out having to use a sylist to make words that are not in the dictionary.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan