PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 01:46 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is the Touch better than the Mogul

I have tested the Touch and the only thing that I have found to be better is the memory and the bt drivers but as far as everything else I'd say that the Mogul is better it seems like sprint is moving backwards releasing the touch
Old 11-19-2007, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
If you ask me, no. I can't type on the Touch. I watch friends with iPhones typing with one finger....peck....peck....peck.....peck....and it reminds me of why I bought a phone with a usable keyboard. I've still never had a problem with memory and I'd hope Sprint kind of understands the gravity of getting this thing fixed with the next update. The Touch has it's place and it's a nice phone, but it's not an upgrade from the Mogul.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
How many of these threads are going to get posted and discussed?????

The Mogul and Touch should **NOT** be compared. Seriously, just stop.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 11-19-2007, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
How many of these threads are going to get posted and discussed?????

The Mogul and Touch should **NOT** be compared. Seriously, just stop.
I disagree with that statement. I think it's important to compare both, as well as compare the Mogul to other phones. One of the great benefits of this comparison has been new features imported in from other phones, for example.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vman51 is a n00b
depends which forum you ask
Old 11-19-2007, 06:11 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
All everyone seems to do is bash the Touch in this forum.

I've had it for 3 days now and I can tell you that I'm typing faster on the Touch using the onscreen 12-key keyboard than I ever did on the Mogul. Not as quickly as I typed on the 6700, mind you, but its at least as fast as the Mogul. I had a lot harder time with the Mogul's keyboard than I did with the 6700's.

I also have never had to close an application due to running out of memory. Right now, I'm running PIE, Opera Mobile with two tabs, Opera Mini inside of the Intent manager, Live Search, Oz Messenger, Windows Media Player, Picture Viewer, Bubble Breaker, and a few other things and I've got 25MB free RAM.

Compare that to my Mogul dropping to just 1MB free with only Opera Mobile and ActiveSync running...

Its a night and day difference between the two devices and honestly, once you adjust the touchscreen sensitivity and get used to the onscreen keyboard, its a MUCH better device than the Mogul.

Oh and did I mention I've been using bluetooth all day without a single disconnect, callers hear me perfectly clear, I have only had the device freeze while running Opera Mini in the Esmertec JVM included with the device and no other time, the earpiece volume is better, I can actually USE the speakerphone now, the camera takes better pictures, the device is only 2/3rds of the Mogul in width, and it feels about 1/2 the weight of the Mogul to boot?

My ONLY complaint at this point is that the battery life isn't stellar. But its not atrocious either.

Overall, the Touch is a rather significant upgrade from the Mogul and I'm much happier with it than I ever was with the Mogul. Its nice to have my alarms wake me up in the morning and to not have to soft-reset 2 or 3 times a day.

Oh and by the way, I have had a keyboard on my phones for the last 3 or so years. I had a Sidekick II, then a 6700, then a Mogul, now the Touch. I prefer the Touch to any of them.

EDIT: Also, on the keyboard point...

Install SPB Full Screen Keyboard on your Mogul and use that for awhile... input is extremely fast. I am finding I'm even speedier with that keyboard than with a hardware keyboard.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 11-19-2007 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
All everyone seems to do is bash the Touch in this forum.

I've had it for 3 days now and I can tell you that I'm typing faster on the Touch using the onscreen 12-key keyboard than I ever did on the Mogul. Not as quickly as I typed on the 6700, mind you, but its at least as fast as the Mogul. I had a lot harder time with the Mogul's keyboard than I did with the 6700's.

I also have never had to close an application due to running out of memory. Right now, I'm running PIE, Opera Mobile with two tabs, Opera Mini inside of the Intent manager, Live Search, Oz Messenger, Windows Media Player, Picture Viewer, Bubble Breaker, and a few other things and I've got 25MB free RAM.

Compare that to my Mogul dropping to just 1MB free with only Opera Mobile and ActiveSync running...

Its a night and day difference between the two devices and honestly, once you adjust the touchscreen sensitivity and get used to the onscreen keyboard, its a MUCH better device than the Mogul.

Oh and did I mention I've been using bluetooth all day without a single disconnect, callers hear me perfectly clear, I have only had the device freeze while running Opera Mini in the Esmertec JVM included with the device and no other time, the earpiece volume is better, I can actually USE the speakerphone now, the camera takes better pictures, the device is only 2/3rds of the Mogul in width, and it feels about 1/2 the weight of the Mogul to boot?

My ONLY complaint at this point is that the battery life isn't stellar. But its not atrocious either.

Overall, the Touch is a rather significant upgrade from the Mogul and I'm much happier with it than I ever was with the Mogul. Its nice to have my alarms wake me up in the morning and to not have to soft-reset 2 or 3 times a day.

Oh and by the way, I have had a keyboard on my phones for the last 3 or so years. I had a Sidekick II, then a 6700, then a Mogul, now the Touch. I prefer the Touch to any of them.

EDIT: Also, on the keyboard point...

Install SPB Full Screen Keyboard on your Mogul and use that for awhile... input is extremely fast. I am finding I'm even speedier with that keyboard than with a hardware keyboard.

I second this.

The Touch has been the best PPC experience for me.

I have every keyboard loaded in my touch. And the last couple of days I see myself typing as fast as a qwerty keyboard. Here's a tip to all touch users, assign the Screen Rotate to the hardware button... Whenever you have to type, just press the button it'll switch to landmode... typing this way is almost like using the slide out keyboard on the Mogul (except you can't "feel the buttons"). The best keyboard in my experience is the happy tapping. Second would be Pocket CM. So lets say Touch vs Mogul while driving.... LOL. I can type on the Touch like its a Treo: One hand, thumb only.... The mogul, yeah you can try... but it gets annoying with no flush screen. You'll be spending more time deleting mistakes.

And yes, the more memory makes this phone much more enjoyable. I like being able to surf the internet, run the AIM program, and switch to incoming texts with no problems. I haven't had any MAJOR problems with this phone. It probably resetted on me like 2-3 times on its own... versus the mogul with like 50-100+ resets and freeze ups.

To me, it seems like the mogul users are using the Qwerty keyboard as a justification of keeping it.. the sad thing is that its the ONLY justification. When I was using my Mogul, I remember barely touching the damn hard keyboard because I loaded PocketCM-k. And I remember numerous users on this forum stating the same thing, how they try to use the mogul without sliding out the keyboard. I still have my Mogul as we speak... and I look at everyday and be like "damn, I should have just waited for the Touch".
Old 11-19-2007, 08:01 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
sj, have you used SPB's keyboard?

I just can't really see why anyone would prefer any keyboard over SPB's.

And what's this happy tapping? lol.

I used PocketCM's keyboard on my Mogul and it drove me absolutely nuts. I used it for about 20 minutes and said screw it and went back to my slide-out keyboard.

TenGO was working great for me... but I really like the idea of the FSK... If I could get the skins to work, it would be perfect, and I'd buy it.

Oh and glad to see that someone else uses their phone for texting while driving LOL.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:10 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Just to prove my point, I got on my Touch right after posting my last post and typed this message on it.

Note
that
I
can
type

okay enough of that.

I can type extremely easy with this keyboard and I've only been using it for about 20 minutes so I still have the occasional mistype here and there.

For the most part though, I really like typing on the FSK...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

foryasoul is a n00b
Ok What About The Picture Mail On The Touch U Cant Even Send Picture Mail To A Phone Number How Do I Remedy This?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan