PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigray327 is keeping up the good workbigray327 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks, sfaure03... but are you sure that's 2.16? It appears to me a WM5 ROM. Maybe I screwed something up.

Last edited by bigray327; 11-08-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
yes i am its 2.,16
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
So if testing goes well, doesn't this mean developers could make a CAB of the touch BT drivers, just like superdave did for the Alltell keyboard drivers???

That would be... well.. amazing.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
not 4 a lawyer u miight sue me snicker seriously yes.. we prollly can. IF this pans out.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
So if testing goes well, doesn't this mean developers could make a CAB of the touch BT drivers, just like superdave did for the Alltell keyboard drivers???

That would be... well.. amazing.
Doesn't necessarily mean that. The keyboard issue wasn't as deep-seeded in the OS as the Bluetooth drivers are... the keyboard patch simply changed the status of the keyboard (from the character lock always being on) in certain situations- ie, the keyboard's OPERATION didn't change, only its status those cases. Its not like you would hit a Q and get a W, or press the caps lock and bring up the call history... that would mean the keyboard driver is messed up and probably require more than just a patch to fix.
The bluetooth drivers are not changing the status of Bluetooth, but changing the way bluetooth inheirently works. It may be technically possible, but its much more complicated than the KB fix patch is.

I think I explained this when the 2.16 rom came out in the first place, and everyone started asking why no one made a cab for all the fixes it came with...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
N00b

fiya is a n00b
is it possible to just install the files without flashing? (I re flashed yesterday, I'm a day late!, lol and i'm being lazy...but thanks for porting it over to the titan, impressive stuff...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how this may fare on the 6700 as well, I will have to crawl around and give it a shot later today, or tomorrow...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how this may fare on the 6700 as well, I will have to crawl around and give it a shot later today, or tomorrow...

DON'T!!!!
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??????

Perhaps you're not familiar with the situation, but the Mogul introduced some new hardware to Windows Mobile, and the Bluetooth drivers didn't work as well as expected. The touch, which uses the same hardware as the Mogul, fixed it. So, we're applying the same fix.

The 6700, however, uses the older hardware, and as far as I know works just fine. So, not only do you not need this "fix", this would probably bork your device because you don't have the same chipset!

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO HTC TITAN OWNERS WHO ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE BT PERFORMANCE!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
not 4 a lawyer u miight sue me snicker seriously yes.. we prollly can. IF this pans out.
Sue you? Nahhhh... well maybe, how much money do you have??? hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Doesn't necessarily mean that. The keyboard issue wasn't as deep-seeded in the OS as the Bluetooth drivers are... the keyboard patch simply changed the status of the keyboard (from the character lock always being on) in certain situations- ie, the keyboard's OPERATION didn't change, only its status those cases. Its not like you would hit a Q and get a W, or press the caps lock and bring up the call history... that would mean the keyboard driver is messed up and probably require more than just a patch to fix.
The bluetooth drivers are not changing the status of Bluetooth, but changing the way bluetooth inheirently works. It may be technically possible, but its much more complicated than the KB fix patch is.

I think I explained this when the 2.16 rom came out in the first place, and everyone started asking why no one made a cab for all the fixes it came with...
Thanks for the response! How is the testing going so far? What do you think the final process will be for us Mogulians, will we have to flash the BT stack or move some files around and soft reset or what?

I would help testing but My mogul is my only phone and I have a huge paper for law school due monday and so I can't fiddle with it right now. Plus I'm more of a graphic designer anyways lol.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
6700's bluetooth wasn't anywhere as good as the touch's... (I always sounded 'soft' on that phone.. whereas I've heard complaints of being too loud on the touch..)
-mark

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan