View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
So if testing goes well, doesn't this mean developers could make a CAB of the touch BT drivers, just like superdave did for the Alltell keyboard drivers???

That would be... well.. amazing.
Doesn't necessarily mean that. The keyboard issue wasn't as deep-seeded in the OS as the Bluetooth drivers are... the keyboard patch simply changed the status of the keyboard (from the character lock always being on) in certain situations- ie, the keyboard's OPERATION didn't change, only its status those cases. Its not like you would hit a Q and get a W, or press the caps lock and bring up the call history... that would mean the keyboard driver is messed up and probably require more than just a patch to fix.
The bluetooth drivers are not changing the status of Bluetooth, but changing the way bluetooth inheirently works. It may be technically possible, but its much more complicated than the KB fix patch is.

I think I explained this when the 2.16 rom came out in the first place, and everyone started asking why no one made a cab for all the fixes it came with...