PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Moto Droid
Carrier: Sprint (Work) Verizon (Personal)

The_Lunatic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well since my last post I have been getting more frequent bt disconnects (every couple of hours). also when my headset gets out of range of the phone, or the bt discons itself the d-pad doesn't work. if I go into comm manager and turn off bt it clears up.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigray327 is keeping up the good workbigray327 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lunatic View Post
Well since my last post I have been getting more frequent bt disconnects (every couple of hours). also when my headset gets out of range of the phone, or the bt discons itself the d-pad doesn't work. if I go into comm manager and turn off bt it clears up.
Same situation here.

There's definite progress, though, because before this ROM, my Pioneer car stereo would never connect with the hands-free profile and the audio profile at the same time. It still doesn't auto-connect (which is my main concern), but when I manually connect it, it does both simultaneously, which is good.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
I will likely repost a rom for you later tonight or early tomorrow. Sorry for the glitches, This was and STILL is ONLY a testing rom. That it works for some better than production roms is nice, but it is STILL just a testing rom. I will continue to watch this thread for feedback though.

Enjoy
First - thanks for posting your work for us to try and test. I appreciate your and others' efforts!

Unfortunately, I installed your 2.16_touch OS only on top of a 1.40 radio, and it froze within an hour. No apps installed, no BT, no calls.

I'm beginning to think my Titan has narrower HW tolerances than most.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 AM
N00b

wlin1998 is just getting started
Check if the 2.16 ROM actually "upgrade" your radio to 1.47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
First - thanks for posting your work for us to try and test. I appreciate your and others' efforts!

Unfortunately, I installed your 2.16_touch OS only on top of a 1.40 radio, and it froze within an hour. No apps installed, no BT, no calls.

I'm beginning to think my Titan has narrower HW tolerances than most.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
I posted tonight a couple new rom's i've been testing with. Those who have been following this thread may want to take a peek and see whether they make a difference.

I believe i've seen some differences {for the better} on the one you see in my folder.

They both seem to work better, but the bttest111507+tbt.rar is I think the most promissing.

A couple dll swapouts from other roms and some registry adjustments. If you have the time and want to try them out please do.

As always i'll be watching for you're feedback.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
I kinda need more info on "froze" yer phone after an hour. maybe pm me if necessary, but we have had very few issues on this freezing the phone up. you might also make sure that you are running the 1.40 radio. I had a rom up, last week, that forced you back to 1.47. These newer ones leave it to you which radio.

the 1.47 radio, from everything i can figure out, has a significant fault visa-vi roaming, and it swapping in and out of roaming, and not necessarily when you are in a weak signal area. There "appears" to be a bug in it that freezes the phone up trying to go into / out of roaming when some people are even setting accross from a sprint tower.... Unless you've been running stably on 1.47 i would recommend you either..

1. Lock you phone either into sprint or into roaming in its configuration.
2. Change to one of the older radios that have not had this reported problem.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:54 AM
N00b

wlin1998 is just getting started
Sfaure, glad to see there is a new version coming out. Thank you for that. I will try that one.

So far the problem with the 2.16+1.40+BT ROM I have experienced:

1. Turn on BT, wait for the phone to go sleep, then turn on the phone, d-pad not working. If I turn off BT, it starts to work again.
2. I seldom use BT. For test purpose, I tried twice sync using BT. Yesterday night I think my phone freezed. It was when I tried to copy one file to Mogul and install one application at the same time using BT sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
I posted tonight a couple new rom's i've been testing with. Those who have been following this thread may want to take a peek and see whether they make a difference.

I believe i've seen some differences {for the better} on the one you see in my folder.

They both seem to work better, but the bttest111507+tbt.rar is I think the most promissing.

A couple dll swapouts from other roms and some registry adjustments. If you have the time and want to try them out please do.

As always i'll be watching for you're feedback.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
dpad issues happens w/ w/o bt enabled on this phone. they are not necessarily related, though i think they are exacerbated by each other. any kind of "significant" driver change states can get the dpad back online. often the dpad will come back online on its own, or after a forced sleep/susp/resume with power switch.

BTW the dpad issue seems to ALSO get into a larger than normal "cpu" usage state sometimes in this susp/resume state fail state. Exhibited by symptom that the dpad works, but is very sluggish, and indded other functions of the phone are less than normal in responsiveness. If you get into that i'd encourage another forced pwr susp/pwr resume to get that to "settle down". It has often worked for me w/o having to flash the bt stack.

Again, further detail when you get into these will help us know which areas to look at

Thanks for the feedback.

Please be "reminded" this is NOT a release thread. This is a testing thread where we are testing combinations to find a better working solution. If/when we find something that we think makes a difference we will update then, but this is the "investigative" thread, not a release.

Last edited by sfaure03; 11-15-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

ponicg is keeping up the good workponicg is keeping up the good work
I'm going to give this a shot on my virgin(no custom ROM) Mogul tonight. I'm doing it mostly because the bluetooth stack on my Mogul is crap. One question though - does this stack support SPP? The Mogul's stock BT Stack supports HSP but not SPP - which is odd, since HSP requires SPP. Bleh. Dumb Sprint/HTC. I need SPP to connect my SCP-7050 to my PPC-6800 and use the SCP-7050 as a bluetooth GPS receiver. Can anyone comment as to whether SPP is included w/the Touch drivers?

Thanks!
-George
Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
thats a protocol i know nothing about. this thread has the drivers for the touch applied, and we are primarily concerned with making sure the phone works reliably for phone call processing. adding / ensuring protocols that the vendor didnt originally ship the phone with is not really one of my goals here. That will have to wait for others to build up from this, or for htc/sprint to get us upgrades.

EDIT, and even if the touch drivers support it, we most assuredly did not copy over the CONFIGUATIONS, that would integrate it into the other parts of the os.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan