PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I downloaded and installed this file (216_140_Touch-Rel2.rar) and I already had the 1.40 radio installed. This file upgraded my radio to 1.47 although I didn't notice it for a couple of days (I didn't experience the lockups like I did with the original ROM released by HTC).
Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
if you'll read back, the 216_140_touch-Rel2.rar unfortunately was missnamed, and DID have the 1.47 radio embedded in it.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sorry, I had read the whole thread earlier and have been checking back each day. I must have missed that.

Thank you for your work. This is a very stable release. I haven't had perfect luck with BT, but everything else works great.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Uhh sorry if this is noobish but:

I glazed over 13 pages and I have yet to find any file/link/attachment holding any BT stack files or a ROM to flash.

Am I missing something? Is it because I'm too new of a member to get them?

BTW
I was surprised to hear this thrown into a ROM, usually its just a matter of porting the files over, followed by a soft reset & voila but I have to admit I only did this with standalone-PDAs, never did this with a PDA-phone. :/

Anyway any help would be great thanks.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Uhh sorry if this is noobish but:

I glazed over 13 pages and I have yet to find any file/link/attachment holding any BT stack files or a ROM to flash.

Am I missing something? Is it because I'm too new of a member to get them?

BTW
I was surprised to hear this thrown into a ROM, usually its just a matter of porting the files over, followed by a soft reset & voila but I have to admit I only did this with standalone-PDAs, never did this with a PDA-phone. :/

Anyway any help would be great thanks.
If you click on the qlinks on the top of the forum page, then click on open ftp site, then click on "titan", "users", "sfaure03", you'll see the file.

most of the ROMS will be found under users here.

The BT stack on the Mogul is somehow lacking, but the BT stack on the touch seems to work well. The hardware in the mogul and the touch are almost identical, as such some have tried getting the BT drivers from the touch to work with the mogul.

From my understanding, these drivers are tied in to the OS and as such cannot be bundled in a .cab file to add on to your OS. I don't fully understand why, but from what I've read that is the case.

I've owned previous stand alone pda's that I've been able to install different BT drivers, but I'm sure the BT chips in those PDA's were quite different than the BT chips in these newer phones where many things are integrated in to the same circuit card.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:16 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Thumbs up Very helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmohtac View Post
If you click on the qlinks on the top of the forum page, then click on open ftp site, then click on "titan", "users", "sfaure03", you'll see the file.

most of the ROMS will be found under users here.
Clear answer, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmohtac View Post
]From my understanding, these drivers are tied in to the OS and as such cannot be bundled in a .cab file to add on to your OS. I don't fully understand why, but from what I've read that is the case.

I've owned previous stand alone pda's that I've been able to install different BT drivers, but I'm sure the BT chips in those PDA's were quite different than the BT chips in these newer phones where many things are integrated in to the same circuit card.

Yeah I was thinking that was the case, I assume the general PDA was/is easier & simpler because it didn't/doesn't have this deep integration or locks on the ROM & stack like these PDA-phones/Smartphones. :/

Thanks again Nosmo..
Old 11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Drivers and dll's are interrelatted. one calls another. If they dont match close enough they dont work well, and a poor matchup can cause real issues. The drivers in question can, so far, only be used on a couple versions of teh rest of the os. So its easier to "control" the test by making a single rom solution

These drivers are integrated in as modules. Modules have a slight performance gain.. We are working on something very "time sensitive" and have an "opinion" that we may be making it all worse if we pushed these "modules" into seperate dll's and chasing more issues. We also, are strongly coming to the conclusion that it's really not the bt drivers at all, but is a power/sleep/state configuration. Remember that the released rom's fix was to address two "major" issues. 1. blue tooth low quality. 2. Alarms not going off when the phone was sleeping.

I'm strongly leaning towards its the alarm fix we need to back out {no2's idea on his thread, but I believe he's onto something}. However the question is "how" to do that.

In the mean time it seems to be a tradeoff. You want bluetooth to work well all the time? Keep you phone out of any kind of sleep state and it will be pretty good, but you're battery life is going through the crapper...

I actually dont think the solution we've been trying on this thread makes much of a difference at all. Once we load a rom, we all keep a close eye on the stack to be sure it works. This tickles the phone to keep out of its deep sleeps. so it seems to work better. We then relax and leave it alone, and presto the problem is back. Thats made worse by its not "everytime" that the phone has an issue either.

Anyway, my "train of conciousness" for the morning. Off to high-school football game, its finals time..
Old 11-17-2007, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
sfaure03

lol i made a post asking DSD about the same thing if u remember/ saying that it might not necessarily be the BT drvrs directly but in directly/ then what i said was if it might be the extra bloatware that a provider adds to the rom/ thus maybe they might perform alot better when they dont have the extras added/ u didnt get a copy of my radio 1.39 and i dont know if there is a version of it available but i do recommend that u try it if possible because qwest didnt load alot of crap into the rom and so it would come with the least baggage and make for possibly the easiest to work with/ is it possible that when HTC releases a rom that it works good then the carries screw it up?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:40 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
sfaure03

lol i made a post asking DSD about the same thing if u remember/ saying that it might not necessarily be the BT drvrs directly but in directly/ then what i said was if it might be the extra bloatware that a provider adds to the rom/ thus maybe they might perform alot better when they dont have the extras added/ u didnt get a copy of my radio 1.39 and i dont know if there is a version of it available but i do recommend that u try it if possible because qwest didnt load alot of crap into the rom and so it would come with the least baggage and make for possibly the easiest to work with/ is it possible that when HTC releases a rom that it works good then the carries screw it up?
Wow - not a period, comma, sentence capitalization, or paragraph anywhere in that comment! ;=)
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Wow - not a period, comma, sentence capitalization, or paragraph anywhere in that comment! ;=)
Thanks for nothing willysp.... I was hoping you were going to translate

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan