PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: sprint

loveapple is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have same BT problem. so i went to the sprint repair center, tec said they can't fix
my BT issue. so i sent e-mail to ecare. and they said to me just replace any phone, so i choose touch... i don't know which phone is better...
Old 11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

papped is a n00b
It basically depends if you need a hardware keyboard or not.

The Touch requires using the onscreen keyboard which is sorta similar to a T9 setup. If you text/email a lot that is probably a nightmare. If not the Touch has more RAM.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Yeah the fact that I realized I couldn't run remote desktop on the Touch pretty much kills that idea for me.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Why wouldn't you be able to run remote desktop on a touch?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
No hardware keyboard. I'll be able to use my finger and the stylus but its pretty useless without a keyboard.

I use it to broadcast Trillian to my PPC when I'm at work since they won't allow us to use any IM software there and I hate everything for the PPC.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
Mogul Replacement Nightmare! or Maybe Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
I sent Sprint an email last night asking to return my Mogul because of unacceptable BT performance, and said I'd consider a swap for a Touch. (I've had the Mogul since July)

Just got a response from Sprint - they agreed to swap!

I'd have to pay any price difference (which is fine - I basically paid full price for the Mogul). They asked me to respond within 3-5 days, then they'll order me a Touch and send a return kit for the Mogul.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Factors in my decision:

- I'm not convinced that Sprint & HTC can fix the Mogul BT; I still suspect a basic HW flaw (some work, some don't; seems like thin design margins)
- I AM convinced that the Mogul will never have more memory :=)
- I'd miss the Mogul keyboard, but I really don't do much SMS and email from it anyway
- I suspect the Touch will have more penetration in the market (yes, I know, business versus consumer focus); therefore more support
- I think the Touch may have more hacker support long term
- I'm ready for a new toy!

Anyway, I need to see and play with the Touch tomorrow the 4th in a store. I suspect I'll love the form factor. Assuming the soft keyboard is usable, and BT works (I'll take my favorite headset), I'll most likely go with the Touch.
Wassup,

I sent them an e-mail as well before the release of the Touch and was promised a replacement weeks ago; (since 9/27) they said the phone was sent out (another Mogul).
The phone was suppossedly ordered on 9/28 and I know an attempt was made because I rec'd a temp credit on my account that expired on 10/28.

After trying to track the shipment to no avail, I e-mailed ecare again, explaining that I never received the replacement and since the Mogul was experiencing More problems after the 2.16 update, I wrote back and accepted the offer to get a different phone, which happened to be the Touch scheduled to be launched on the 4th ( A FEW DAYS AWAY)

The rep wrote back saying that the Touch will be sent as soon as it launches, just e-mail us back and it will be shipped out. That is what I did at 2am Nov 4th...

I rec'd a confirmation e-mail stating the phone had been sent and I'd receive it in 3-5 days. I DIDN'T BELIEVE THEM sooooooo...

I e-mailed them this morning asking for a confirmation or tracking number to ease my doubts about the shipment and sure enough... I was sent the following e-mail...

Dear (so & so),

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to share with you that HTC Touch is not available in our warehouse till date. Therefore, it is not possible for us to provide order or tracking number now.

Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated in this regard. At times we do require co-operation from valued customers like you.

We value your business and always look forward to the opportunity to provide you excellent service now and in the future. Thank you and have a great day!

E-Care
Sprint
"Where our customers come first!"

Well, I'm good and pissed at this point and so I call Sprint and ask for retention. I explained the situation and the run around that I experienced and she was such a help. Since my account reflected the "2" credits that proved I was expecting a replacement, she went ahead and processed it from her end and she gave me her rep ID as a reference. She said I can call back tomorrow and a tracking number should be generated. She assured me that the order is set and ready to go and also gave me a $50 credit towards my next bill!.

Good Luck to you dealing with ecare because they claim they have no HTC Touch phones in stock... I'll keep you posted on my progress. : )

p.s: I Plan to keep booth phones anyway, out of love for my Mogul & hopes that a Banging ROM will soon surface; not to mention, I bought that Seidio case & Holster for $54 bucks..hehehe

Last edited by Blaqdymun; 11-05-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
Received My Tracking Number Today...it's Looking Good!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KoukiFC3S is just getting started
Hopefully I get my tracking tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Sprint, HTC or Asurion will not replace the Bluetooth flawed phone for me, so I just have to hope it's fixed sometime in the future.

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polen View Post
Sprint, HTC or Asurion will not replace the Bluetooth flawed phone for me, so I just have to hope it's fixed sometime in the future.

-Polen
Here's what I was told by a friend of mine that works at Sprint (and it worked):

1. Call retentions.
2. When they answer, if it's a girl, older man, or someone from out of the country, hang up and call back. (Young males are generally more willing to help you)
3. When they answer, the first thing you say is "is this account services?", and they will say "yes"
4. After that, ask "How much will it cost me to break my contract with Sprint?"
5. They will say "sorry to hear that you're considering leaving us, blah blah" and he'll ask you why you want to switch, and what they can do to keep you.
6. Tell them you want the Touch, since your Mogul sucks, and you're thinking of going to AT&T to get the iPhone.

You'll get what you want. They'll either sell you the Touch VERY cheap, or swap it for your Mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan