PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
N00b

savy1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to savy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
Hey, I would really wish I knew if the camera was Auto Focus. Half the spec sheets say its Fixed Focus and the other half says its Auto. Does anyone know anyone or anything that already had the Sprint version Touch and comfirmed its Auto or fixed like the Mogul? And yes... everyone that has links to spec sheets , I have seen them all. But non comfirm it... Some spec sheets do say that its 5 times zoom and I seen anotherf sheet that says its n times.But neither says if its digital or mechanical.
It's not autofocus, and there is no macro mode. Although I have my full size camera CAnon 20D and a A710, I do still love to have my phone camera for the light duty images, quick shots. All in all if it did auto focus, and had macro like the ppc6700 it would be that much more usefull.

atached is an image I took the other day to send to someone, basically teasing them about them wanting coffee. I had the phone maybe 5 to 6 inches from my hand, and couldn't get a clean shot, i know with a macro switch it would have been better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_117.jpg (6.1 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_116.jpg (6.1 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by savy1 View Post
It's not autofocus, and there is no macro mode. Although I have my full size camera CAnon 20D and a A710, I do still love to have my phone camera for the light duty images, quick shots. All in all if it did auto focus, and had macro like the ppc6700 it would be that much more usefull.

atached is an image I took the other day to send to someone, basically teasing them about them wanting coffee. I had the phone maybe 5 to 6 inches from my hand, and couldn't get a clean shot, i know with a macro switch it would have been better.
And this pics were taken with a Sprint Touch? 'Cause I think that's what SINNN is wondering about.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
My worst fears!11
Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
lol, are you kidding me?
yo man, that was that guys first post. dont be so rude. he has'nt had time to read through all the heartbreaks.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
Threadstarter

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 View Post
yo man, that was that guys first post. dont be so rude. he has'nt had time to read through all the heartbreaks.
Sorry, I didn't notice his post count. I thought he was being a jackass since there are clearly numerous issues with the Mogul. He probably has had no time to read up and figure everything out.

I apologize there SopiepBorough ...
Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 View Post
Hey! Why dont you tell that to all the flamer that go after me? Lately they have calmed down.. but usually they trail right behind me and pounce on me as soon as I post something. heheheh... its like they like me or something..
Old 11-01-2007, 11:40 PM
SDODOM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Sorry, I didn't notice his post count. I thought he was being a jackass since there are clearly numerous issues with the Mogul. He probably has had no time to read up and figure everything out.

I apologize there SopiepBorough ...

It just could be that they nay not have any of the issues that other's are having with their Moguls. I have had issues, but nothing to detrimental. I "LOVE" my Mogul. I have had the Treo 700 wx and the PPC 6700 and the Mogul is by far my favorite to date.

I also have come across many others that love their Mogul. To each his own!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY View Post
LMAO your are so over dramatic. it is a phone not a camera. the mogul is a POS device sprint put out to shut up there customers and now we get a POS touch. sprint is literly the worst carrier for ppc/smartphones besides nextel. i dont see why HTC hates CDMA so much and why sprint cant put out something new not just what other carriers already have with a better processor big deal. wheres my sprint tilt wheres my sprint nike. no i get a sprint hermes with more ROM and touch with more RAM and better processor but no GPS or Wifi. what kind of bullshit is that.

**** YOU SPRINT..
You need to chill dude.

First off, if a feature is advertised in a 500+ dollar device, it better work, and well. Period. I don't care if its the camera, the bluetooth, the memory management, the GPS (since the Mogul was advertised to have it), or Rev A. It all better work and it all better be high quality.

As far as CDMA and HTC goes... its an easy question to answer. They make more money off of GSM phones than CDMA. GSM devices can be sold sim-unlocked (at a much higher profit to HTC than they get from subsidy agreements) to use on most carriers in the world. CDMA devices on the other hand, have to be made for the TWO big CDMA carriers we have here in the US and can't really be sold elsewhere due to banding issues. Our CDMA wireless frequencies aren't compatible with most of the rest of the world. It really shouldn't be that hard to understand.

And Sprint isn't the worst. Nextel is, then T-Mobile is. If you really want to get technical about it, Cricket, MetroPCS, Helio (the Ocean is NOT a smartphone), Nextel, Alltel, T-Mobile, Suncom, and Sprint all suck. But out of that list, Sprint and Alltel would be the least crappy of the bunch and Verizon really isn't that far behind right now. Verizon is stepping up their game because Sprint has beat them to the punch for the first time in quite awhile and they're losing so many data customers to at&t's HSDPA.

Things aren't really as bad as your nasty temper is blowing them up to be.

As far as the OT goes... well, I would buy it if I found the keyboard manageable, the price was right, and it had a much newer AKU of WM6, without any of the problems the Mogul has, AND it had at least 128MB of RAM.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 11-02-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
You need to chill dude.

First off, if a feature is advertised in a 500+ dollar device, it better work, and well. Period. I don't care if its the camera, the bluetooth, the memory management, the GPS (since the Mogul was advertised to have it), or Rev A. It all better work and it all better be high quality.
Phones do not make good cameras. They do NOT take high quality pictures. It doesn't matter if you spend $1000 on your phone.

You could have an 8megapixel camera phone and the lens is still going to be a piece of garbage.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
Phones do not make good cameras. They do NOT take high quality pictures. It doesn't matter if you spend $1000 on your phone.

You could have an 8megapixel camera phone and the lens is still going to be a piece of garbage.
Why does this have to be the case? Just because no one has yet put out a decent camera in a phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan