PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700 / Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

passcityz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to passcityz
probably the best thing everyone in this forum topic trying to upgrade but having problems need to do is to take a time out and read before acting... alot of people are having simple problems that can be solved with a little backtracking and staying calm.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700 / Mogul 6800

passcityz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to passcityz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
whats most important is sprint delivering on its promises made on its own packing...to me they have until dec 21...if rev a is not avail...i will start a class action lawsuit for false advertising...this isnt some piece of crap throwaway kyocera or moto v120 this is a $600.00 device that should be able to work as intended...
why that paticular date?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:29 AM
kaarukun

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Well, one bluetooth problem was fixed, but another cropped up for me.

Anyone else have this issue? Bluetooth turns off automatically after some random time.

I don't recall ever having this issue until I updated to the new ROM.

I did the ROM update, everything went relatively smoothly and the bluetooth was working okay for a little bit. But after some time the bluetooth would just turn off (both idle and not). I just did a hard reset w/o loading any programs at all and it still has the same symptoms.

Any ideas? Is it a defective phone? I tried a few searches but there doesn't seem to be much of any info on it.

I'm going to try a few more tests to see if there are any specific conditions for this to happen.

TIA
Old 10-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

fghtech is a n00b
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarukun View Post
Well, one bluetooth problem was fixed, but another cropped up for me.

Anyone else have this issue? Bluetooth turns off automatically after some random time.

I don't recall ever having this issue until I updated to the new ROM.

I did the ROM update, everything went relatively smoothly and the bluetooth was working okay for a little bit. But after some time the bluetooth would just turn off (both idle and not). I just did a hard reset w/o loading any programs at all and it still has the same symptoms.

Any ideas? Is it a defective phone? I tried a few searches but there doesn't seem to be much of any info on it.

I'm going to try a few more tests to see if there are any specific conditions for this to happen.

TIA
Yes I am also experiencing the same issue with Bluetooth randomly turning off. WHAT A POS!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PaulitosWay is a n00b
I think people's perspectives are a little off here...

People are saying the ROM is locking up there phones and somehow this is the fault of HTC/Sprint/MS/tetanus/a charlie horse/etc.. But I'm sure if I looked thru previous threads there were apps that when install on the old ROM caused the same type issues. And in those instances folks decided to uninstall or not use those apps. My question to everyone is - If your phone shipped with the 2.16....ROM and then you installed a number of apps that caused your phone to have to be reset would you blame that on the ROM or would u say that the software u installed locked up your phone?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
I haven't had any serious bluetooth issues as of yet with the update - aside from my callers suggesting that its not any better than before. HOWEVER, if I use the headset to make a call the headset connection will often drop just as the other line picks up. If I hit the answer/VC button on the headset after it drops, it will reconnect again just fine - but the person on the other line gets irritated after chanting HELLO, HELLO, HELLO for a few seconds...

So for me, the new rom is in "meh" status. Though most of you need to stop complaining... this is a "Maintenance Release" after all... there were no feature additions promised here.

To the individual with the download issues, like I said try a download manager.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Its a program that allows you to resume/accelerate your downloads... give it a try, or try the new link hay112 posted a few back.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hay112 View Post
ok, first of all i the posts about people whining are not directed at you and at people's who's phones got bricked...

I've had about 7 or 8 windows mobile phones since the ol mpx200 and have done at least 50 or so rom updates and never have had one brick on me...so you have to understand that these are very rare cases
and usually (but not always) attributed to user error. When you do a rom update, you do have to be slightly careful. Although most times it wont hurt anything, if you launch a program on your PC while its pushing the ROM update, it *COULD* cause problems. When I did mine, but shut all the programs down, ran the rom update and walked away for 15 mins. When I came back, everything was running beautifully.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
THE UPDATE WAS PRETTY SUCCESSFUL. TINY, TINY IMPROVEMENTS TO EVERYTHING THAT WAS SAID, AND A BOOT SCREEN THAT WAS VERY WELL WORTH EVERY BIT OF MY PATIENCE... ALL-IN-ALL, I CAN LIVE WITH THAT TIL ANOTHER ROM UPDATE COMES UP... POSSIBLY.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

bcrooker is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulitosWay View Post
People are saying the ROM is locking up there phones and somehow this is the fault of HTC/Sprint/MS/tetanus/a charlie horse/etc.. But I'm sure if I looked thru previous threads there were apps that when install on the old ROM caused the same type issues. And in those instances folks decided to uninstall or not use those apps. My question to everyone is - If your phone shipped with the 2.16....ROM and then you installed a number of apps that caused your phone to have to be reset would you blame that on the ROM or would u say that the software u installed locked up your phone?
The lock-ups are real, and are not the result of software installs. As mentioned before, they are related to entering/leaving roaming areas. I have had this happen several times. The software I have installed is 100% identical to what I had running with 2.09. Once the lockup was with a blank screen (tried to turn it on and it didn't, but the green light still flashed). Other two times the screen is on but it is otherwise unresponsive (except for the blinking light).
Old 10-25-2007, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started
I'm having a number of software issues after updating my phone. I reinstalled most of the same apps, and most of them came up just fine. But several are failing.

1) Pocket Stock Center. This app loads and runs just fine, but it is unable to connect to the internet to get its updates. I've removed and reinstalled it, but the problem persists.

2) Live Search. This app fails with a program exception as soon as it loads. Again, I've removed and reinstalled, but the problem persists.

3) Virtual Earth. This app also failed with a program exception. I haven't tried reinstalling yet.

4) IBM Sametime IM. I'm probably the only person around here that uses this one, but it, too, is showing connectivity problems.

Incidentally, internet connectivity (both phone and wifi) seems fine for all other apps, so it's not truly an internet issue.

Has anyone else encountered any of these? Has anyone solved them? Is there anyone who has any of these running successfully on the new ROM? Thanks in advance for any input.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan