PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i have to agree with DCD i've never heard so much whining in my life.....

oct 22nd comes around everyone bitches that its not here yet and what they're gonna do/say to sprint, it comes out the next day then everyone starts crying about rev a and gps not included, well you got the damn bluetooth and alarm fixed and that's what sprint promised us, so live with it.

Now today all i'm hearing is newb questions on how to install a rom and people crying about memory issues. Well guess what the thing only comes with 64mb or ram, you knew that when you bought it. And if you've ever had a windows device in the past you should know that only about 22 to 28 of that is going to be free after a reset. I think that so many people are caught up in monitoring how much free ram they fail to realize that they dont even use the small free amount they do have.
I use jbed and palm messaging and pie all the time and unless i'm opening a page in PIE that has 11ty billion pics then my memory never goes below 5. I think some people need to jump over to the iPhone and try something thats a little more user friendly and less customizable....

/rant

cliffs: quit crying
Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Okay people have a reason to whine THE STUPID UPDATE FREEZES UP THIE DAMN PHONES AND CASUHES ISSUES. Sorry I think them screwing up people phones that they PAID MONEY FOR is thier right to be mad.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Okay people have a reason to whine THE STUPID UPDATE FREEZES UP THIE DAMN PHONES AND CASUHES ISSUES. Sorry I think them screwing up people phones that they PAID MONEY FOR is thier right to be mad.

lighten up jack
Old 10-25-2007, 01:15 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I think everyone should go to bed and come back tomorrow. Too much agression to my liking.

Let's take a deep breath and relax...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
"They" didnt do anything. If people's phones are getting screwed up, its because the CONSUMER chose to update their phones. You can take your phone to a sprint store and have them update the firmware for free if it is too tough of a task for you to handle, or if you are having some unforeseen problem due to something you have done to your phone.

As for the people whining about memory, there are 2 options. One is that you have a defective phone. The other is that you installed a program which is eating the memory. Seeing as how myself and a myriad of other people have NO memory problem whatsoever, I tend to believe its because you installed a million programs and have your today screens filled with a thousand things.

Personally, I have SPB weather, HTC Home and IM+ on my today screen. When I startup, I have 22.89 MB free. I am logged into IM+, signed on to aim. NEVER do I drop below 15MB free, even when running Opera Mini and Resco File Explorer and IM+ at the same time. If you start your phone and you have under 20MB free, you have got to either have a bum application or have loaded your phone so full of crap.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

drew454U is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdsoccer View Post
i cant download the new software. any help? it just wont download!

Probally cause there is thousands of people downloading it, wait a while and try again. I had this issue with the first update.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew454U View Post
Probally cause there is thousands of people downloading it, wait a while and try again. I had this issue with the first update.

give me 5-10 mins i'll upload for you guys who can't download it
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
Alt link

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xvv1twhn3j
Old 10-25-2007, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
well when an offical rom update comes out we trust it works and wont break out phones guess we should have learned from the iphone updates..
Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hay112 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
well when an offical rom update comes out we trust it works and wont break out phones guess we should have learned from the iphone updates..
ok, first of all i the posts about people whining are not directed at you and at people's who's phones got bricked...

I've had about 7 or 8 windows mobile phones since the ol mpx200 and have done at least 50 or so rom updates and never have had one brick on me...so you have to understand that these are very rare cases

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan