PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Lurker

wdsoccer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
idk what your talkin bout, lol. im noob at this
Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Well, I don't think the memory leak is fixed. I'm running HTC Home only. After closing all running apps with the HTC task manager....I'm still down at 11MB free...and I've been waiting for 10 minutes.

This phone is STILL not recouping it's RAM.....lame....<sigh>
Old 10-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Lurker

wdsoccer is a n00b
i cant download the new software. any help? it just wont download!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Whom ever I choose.

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work
Talking

I did the ROM update, reinstalled all of my programs and have been running between 18-24m
All Day with only one reset. The Reset was done because i used sprite to back up every thing after i reinstalled it.

Some Programs im running include:

Wisbar advance 3
MarsWare Weather Panel
iLauncher
threaded sms
phoneAlarm
Arcsoft mms
A_C s2u2
im plus

and a bunch more

I Like it so far!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Its seems like the next day after an install is where everyone is having the lock up problems
Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Well, I don't think the memory leak is fixed. I'm running HTC Home only. After closing all running apps with the HTC task manager....I'm still down at 11MB free...and I've been waiting for 10 minutes.

I need to do some testing because it seems like a certain app triggers the mem leak. For example, I can open IE and close it and it recoups most of that memory. However, other apps (not sure which because I haven't tested well) seem to cause it to drop to 14-15mb and STAY there no matter what I do (tried MemMaid 2.0 RAM Reclaim, etc.). It is odd that a small app like threaded SMS or something like that I used during the course of the day *COULD* lower it and cause it to become unrecoverable. I soft reset my phone like 5-6 hours ago and I have only run IE & sent/received calls but its holding steady at 19-19.8mb. It seems like there are a few apps in particular that cause it to drop and stay there. Maybe its something like the Palm threaded sms or the non CDMA, GSM based Com Manager cab - something that is not meant to be run on this phone & OS. I know that the original Wizard ripped GSM dialer was reported by some to cause mem issues on the cdma mogul.

Which version of the threaded SMS app is considered the best? I have tried cody's modified Palm one and also one thats a direct rip of the more recent Palm build. I saw some posts about bugs with Cody's but then I see others that say its the best choice.

Last edited by Alpine-; 10-25-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Right, this is my main issue with the phone, not enough memory to keep from going slugish, i dont think i had this prob with the ppc-6700.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:

well heres by far the dumbest shit i have read all day. get rid of your ppc and get a phone that you cant install applications on.

"this product has a fault, i only have one really buggy application that leaks memory installed. im closing that ONLY INSTALLED APPLICATION with this other installed application, and it doesnt fix the mogul memory leak!!"

im sorry but i have no tolerance for the memory leak BULLSHIT anymore. wow does anyone else find his post hillarious

thanks, your post is the best ive seen since this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=112

Last edited by dcd; 10-25-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

telugite is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
i dont know whats wrong, looks like i got everything setup correctly, im pissed not sure what to do now
use this. http://www.ppcgeeks.com/files/PPCGeeksSprintMMS.zip

works fine for me.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:55 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
the non CDMA, GSM based Com Manager cab - something that is not meant to be run on this phone & OS
im gonna dispute this one too. take a closer look at it. nothing about those comm managers ties to gsm. wifi is a soft on/off on those devices and can get tricky (not buggy) on a device like the titan that has a hardware switch, but can also soft on/off when switch is in on position.

the titan comm manager consumes ~500k while the kaiser is ~1mb due to the images (and so are most of the touch-style htc comm manager rips out there - teh wizard is ~500k yet touch-style, not sure if its compressed or what?) maybe thats why you dont think it performs as well? im sure its a little more for the device to load. but cdma and gsm doesnt have anything to do with it, and ive looked pretty hard at the comm managers and have no reason to believe they would be a problem on the titan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan