Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Alpine-
Regular 'Geeker

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Well, I don't think the memory leak is fixed. I'm running HTC Home only. After closing all running apps with the HTC task manager....I'm still down at 11MB free...and I've been waiting for 10 minutes.

This phone is STILL not recouping it's RAM.....lame....<sigh>
I need to do some testing because it seems like a certain app triggers the mem leak. For example, I can open IE and close it and it recoups most of that memory. However, other apps (not sure which because I haven't tested well) seem to cause it to drop to 14-15mb and STAY there no matter what I do (tried MemMaid 2.0 RAM Reclaim, etc.). It is odd that a small app like threaded SMS or something like that I used during the course of the day *COULD* lower it and cause it to become unrecoverable. I soft reset my phone like 5-6 hours ago and I have only run IE & sent/received calls but its holding steady at 19-19.8mb. It seems like there are a few apps in particular that cause it to drop and stay there. Maybe its something like the Palm threaded sms or the non CDMA, GSM based Com Manager cab - something that is not meant to be run on this phone & OS. I know that the original Wizard ripped GSM dialer was reported by some to cause mem issues on the cdma mogul.

Which version of the threaded SMS app is considered the best? I have tried cody's modified Palm one and also one thats a direct rip of the more recent Palm build. I saw some posts about bugs with Cody's but then I see others that say its the best choice.

Last edited by Alpine-; 10-25-2007 at 12:46 AM.