Old 10-25-2007, 09:01 AM
bcrooker
N00b

bcrooker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulitosWay View Post
People are saying the ROM is locking up there phones and somehow this is the fault of HTC/Sprint/MS/tetanus/a charlie horse/etc.. But I'm sure if I looked thru previous threads there were apps that when install on the old ROM caused the same type issues. And in those instances folks decided to uninstall or not use those apps. My question to everyone is - If your phone shipped with the 2.16....ROM and then you installed a number of apps that caused your phone to have to be reset would you blame that on the ROM or would u say that the software u installed locked up your phone?
The lock-ups are real, and are not the result of software installs. As mentioned before, they are related to entering/leaving roaming areas. I have had this happen several times. The software I have installed is 100% identical to what I had running with 2.09. Once the lockup was with a blank screen (tried to turn it on and it didn't, but the green light still flashed). Other two times the screen is on but it is otherwise unresponsive (except for the blinking light).