PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

skatsev is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nm... found it here http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=slick

Seeing how it is...
Old 11-16-2007, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
I'm gonna have to try Slick. I like IM+, it works well, but LCG has been writing PPC apps for a while. It's probably a quality app. As for this....I'd really suggest someone go ask in the Touch forum how much they like/use OZ before putting any more real time into this. I hated the thing on my MDA. It was worse than nothing at all because it teased. "Oh I'll work correctly this time. You'll get your messages on time and when you close me, I'll actually close, not get stuck in memory forever and slow the phone to a crawl. Please start me, I'll be good." BUT NO! It would throw it's head back and laugh, then get stuck in memory and slow the phone to a crawl just like it did last time. Man I hated that app. Not that I'm bitter or anything, mind you.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
AIM Mobile forwarding doesn't help for initiating a conversation. It's a pretty good solution, but it's messy. Mine works only occasionally and randomly. I never know when it's going to forward and when it's not.
That's unfortunate, I've found my AIM forwarding to be quite reliable. Combined with Threaded SMS, it is the ultimate combo. It is essentially AIM without the battery drain. If I needed to initiate a conversation, I could sign on to Slick, send a message, and sign off to continue it though SMS. There is a slight negligible delay between messages when using SMS compared to being signed on using a web app, but it really doesn't bother me.

My favorite IM app right now is, obviously, Slick. IM+ works great, but I don't like the way it refreshes conversations: longer threads get laggy because it rewrites the whole convo everytime a new message is sent or received. Agile is good too, but it's not free, and doesn't seem to support away messages. OctroTalk doesn't seem to work for me, and Palringo is alright but I don't really like it. Mundu's interface is too slow.

Slick seems to be free for now, at least until they produce a final version. There are a few things they need to work on, such as making the font size the same for buddies with and without an away message, and fixing the "OK to send" option to enable the Enter key. I also wish it would integrate better into WM, for example, the bottom menu bars appear separate from the WM menu bar, quite a waste of screen; and perhaps a Today screen plugin. I definitely see a lot of potential in it, and would probably pay for the final product (if it's any better).
Old 11-19-2007, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

anythingbutmine is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetsauce View Post
That's unfortunate, I've found my AIM forwarding to be quite reliable.
Mine is reliable, but there's no way to shut the dang thing off. As soon as you sign off an IP client, you're put back on SMS Forwarding again. It's impossible to sign off completely.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythingbutmine View Post
Mine is reliable, but there's no way to shut the dang thing off. As soon as you sign off an IP client, you're put back on SMS Forwarding again. It's impossible to sign off completely.
Yeah, I turned off IM forwarding on AIM and MSN for that reason. I don't know of any other way to get some "down time" and I like that a lot more than I like being available for pestering 24/7.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

anythingbutmine is becoming a great contributor
There is an option to set a "Quiet Time", but it's inflexible. And the bigger problem is that you can't manually sign it on or off.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BTW, in addition to forwarding, there's also the AIM "short codes" which do let you log in, log out, initiate conversations and so on. I do use that when driving, in a basement or someplace where the data network might drop out. It has the advantage of using sms without the disadvantages of IM forwarding. The downside is that, as far as I know, AIM is the only supported service (of course). Of course, it's all still better than palringo.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: spring

lysolflow is a n00b
okay... I'm not really sure what's goin on, or whether i missed it... but i installed the OZ on my mogul, and the TV isn't working, or the IM isn't workin... I'm not worried about the tv... I just want the Instant Messenger to work.

I read that everone is gettin the MD5 error, and i'm gettin the same... But i just wanna know has anybody fixed it yet.

Last edited by lysolflow; 11-20-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels
Not as of yet.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Lurker

adotwhite is a n00b
hey so is anyone else havin a problem uninstalling the messaing tool? I uninstalled from the remove programs menu but then instant messaging still shows up on the main diplay screen. I wentinto settings then display and tried to unclick messaging to take it off the main display screen and the phone says "unable to remove program"

I'm using a 6800 btw

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan