PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNBarnes View Post
Allow me to ask a stupid question: is this software really better than something else, say Mundu? I put Mundu on my Mogul and after applying the keyboard fix, haven't had any problems with it.
Mundu isn't terrible outside of the fact that it seems slow as molasses. It does function properly.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Lurker

ctodd38 is a n00b
i miss the jivetalk that i had on my blackberry when i had it that worked like a charm there working on a version for windows mobile that suppose to be done hopefully by the end of the year lol cant wait beejive.com i miss having it
Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

anythingbutmine is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNBarnes View Post
Allow me to ask a stupid question: is this software really better than something else, say Mundu?
What's neat about this OZ software is that it will allow you to sign onto AIM using SMS, so you won't kill your battery or get all your calls sent to voicemail (if you're out of EVDO service area) by staying signed in all day.

And yeah, Mundu is a bloated pig. IM+ is lean but has a bad interface. VeriChat is gone. Octro and Agile both use slow and unstable proxies. Slick is the newest client I've found and it seems to be near perfect even though it's still only in beta -- not sure if it uses a proxy or not, but it's insanely fast. But none of these clients can keep you signed in indefinitely via SMS.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
what about palringo, it seems like decent free multi im software to me... and you can remove the icon from your today screen by deleting the "today.dll and update.dll" but its also in beta too... but i hope it stays free.

http://www.palringo.com/
Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
what about palringo[/url]
Again, it can't keep you online via SMS. Not that good of a client at the moment either as you're required to sign into both a Palringo and other IM client to use it, and there are about zero settings. I can't even hide offline buddies. And it definitely won't be staying free, unless they start putting in advertisements.

Last edited by anythingbutmine; 11-15-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mdecker79 is a n00b
Could the error in some way have to do with the Device name or somthing? Maybe Sprint stuck something in so after it connects via data then it sends a special SMS to Sprint stating its a Touch? I don't know I just want to get this app working on my Mogul.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

It might have something to do with the serial number of the device or some other model-identifying piece of information, but it most certainly doesn't send a special SMS.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started
To those looking for SMS integration, there is actually a very simple solution: AIM Mobile forwarding. It will forward all IMs sent to your screenname while you're offline to your mobile number. This achieves pretty much the same purpose as keeping online via SMS, since you can simply sign on to your favorite IM app to continue a conversation (or just stick with SMS because it works just as good).
Old 11-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
AIM Mobile forwarding doesn't help for initiating a conversation. It's a pretty good solution, but it's messy. Mine works only occasionally and randomly. I never know when it's going to forward and when it's not.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

skatsev is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by anythingbutmine View Post
And yeah, Mundu is a bloated pig. IM+ is lean but has a bad interface. VeriChat is gone. Octro and Agile both use slow and unstable proxies. Slick is the newest client I've found and it seems to be near perfect even though it's still only in beta -- not sure if it uses a proxy or not, but it's insanely fast. But none of these clients can keep you signed in indefinitely via SMS.
Yeah, I just got rid of Mundu because it was slow and actually crashed a couple of times since i'm in a fringe area.

I was really happy with Agile -- it seemed to keep me online all the time, even when the service was fading in and out (because of the proxy thing). My problem with it is that $40 for an AIM client is just ridiculous.

What's this Slick messenger you talk about?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan