PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
This is working on the Touch for Sprint, correct?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
This is working on the Touch for Sprint, correct?
Correct. The MD5 error occurs when signing in on the Mogul. -- Files were ripped off of the touch ROM.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

anythingbutmine is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
Correct. The MD5 error occurs when signing in on the Mogul. -- Files were ripped off of the touch ROM.
Maybe someone with a Touch can help us out? I'd figure between using a packet sniffer and maybe a debugger, we could figure this out.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by anythingbutmine View Post
Maybe someone with a Touch can help us out? I'd figure between using a packet sniffer and maybe a debugger, we could figure this out.
The problem is capturing the packets - they don't appear to route over wif (at least they did not on my local network) I am downloading a pocket PC sniffer now to see if I can get a good capture and see if we can distinguish what's going on with it.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
what sniffer are you using?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
what sniffer are you using?
PocketPacket and vxSniffer - I get the auth tries - but routing over wifi I can't even get the authentication to the server (aim.imgateway.sprintpcs.com) to happen. The device sends requests but doesn't get anything back. So, the routing is sometimes occurring over wifi but I get no response - perhaps the server is merely not answering requests not coming from Sprints proxy.

Over the cell network (with wifi off I get the MD5 error)- All successful attempts that return 503 dial #777 - Even with wifi on it dials #777 most of the time :-/. So I am guessing that it's trying to route over the cell network if wifi is on or not. Disconnecting and trying subsequent logins reestablishes the data connection with #777.

The adapter will not go into promiscuous mode unfortunately so only local/directed captures can be done.

If anyone wants to further explore that route I run a capture from the router - but I am not sure that it's going to yield anything worthwhile at this point.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

hampshire is a n00b
Has anyone asked Sprint if they are considering putting this software in the next mogul rom or releasing it seperatly for our phones. I would have no problem paying for an always on IM app that didn't drain my battery by using my data connection and if enough of us ask we may get lucky.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

anythingbutmine is becoming a great contributor
Haven't tried talking to Sprint about it, but I wouldn't know where to send my request. It would be great if they did release it, even if it was paid software.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythingbutmine View Post
Haven't tried talking to Sprint about it, but I wouldn't know where to send my request. It would be great if they did release it, even if it was paid software.
I have to agree here - it looks like it would beat the pants off of the other pieces of software I have seen out there as far as usability and integration go.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Lurker

CNBarnes is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to CNBarnes Send a message via AIM to CNBarnes Send a message via MSN to CNBarnes Send a message via Yahoo to CNBarnes
Allow me to ask a stupid question: is this software really better than something else, say Mundu? I put Mundu on my Mogul and after applying the keyboard fix, haven't had any problems with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan