PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to unlock GPS on Verizon HTC Imagio

anything is possible. i bet someone will figure it out pretty soon after the first beta is leaked.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I just got my Imagio a few days ago, and although the GPS is working just fine, I was not able to get the my location to work on the weather tab at all. Today I was messing around, happened to have WiFi on and it worked for the first time. Later I was across town, tried it again and no luck. Turned on the WiFi, and without even connecting to a network it instantly got my location. So after playing with it all day, the my location weather feature only seems to work with WiFi turned on, is this normal? I figured it would just use the GPS, just wanted to know if I'm missing something.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 11-05-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
I just got my Imagio a few days ago, and although the GPS is working just fine, I was not able to get the my location to work on the weather tab at all. Today I was messing around, happened to have WiFi on and it worked for the first time. Later I was across town, tried it again and no luck. Turned on the WiFi, and without even connecting to a network it instantly got my location. So after playing with it all day, the my location weather feature only seems to work with WiFi turned on, is this normal? I figured it would just use the GPS, just wanted to know if I'm missing something.
No, thats not normal are u a verizon carrier?

Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
Have you run QuickGPS in the Start -> All Applications menu? That should prompt to turn the location service on and also download satellite info to help GPS locking faster.

Also if you are not getting 3G service the My location service seems to struggle locking a location. Sometimes you don't get one, sometimes you get one that is near but not your exact location.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz

I also have the i910 Omnia - and I'm due for an upgreade

Waiting for the Omnia II to come out so I can compare. I love the Dev Base that HTC devices has but that AMOLED screen on the Omina II sounded real good. Want to compare.

I've played with the Imagio at the store, it feels fast, Touch Flo was very smooth. Nice knowing the GPS is not locked. The TV looks nice. The wife works for VZW and so if I get the TV service I only pay half the price.

I went from the Tmobile MDA - Sprint Touch - VZ Omina - now looking to upgrade
Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

boot is a n00b

OK...I just got off the phone with verizon tech support and they assured me that gps is not enabled for any third party apps including Bing which comes loaded on the Imagio. Mine definately does not work! I'm sensing that verizon has done the same thing they did with the xv6900 which I just got rid of, and that's disabled the gps except for their vz navigator. So explane to me how some of you got it to work on your phones or are you seeing your location via cell towers which my phone will do as well? When I use my bluetooth external gps everything falls into place. I get a moving triangle and dot on the bing maps in a matter of seconds....has anyone seen this without an external device??
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

drhankz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
OK...I just got off the phone with verizon tech support and they assured me that gps is not enabled for any third party apps including Bing which comes loaded on the Imagio. Mine definately does not work! I'm sensing that verizon has done the same thing they did with the xv6900 which I just got rid of, and that's disabled the gps except for their vz navigator. So explane to me how some of you got it to work on your phones or are you seeing your location via cell towers which my phone will do as well? When I use my bluetooth external gps everything falls into place. I get a moving triangle and dot on the bing maps in a matter of seconds....has anyone seen this without an external device??
GPS in my Imagio works great with Google Maps and "QuickGPS"

I did NOTHING to unlock it.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Timmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good workTimmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good work

I did some major hardware upgrades this year...

Phone: 6700 (Apache) -> Imagio
Computer: P4 -> i7

My world is so much faster now...
Old 12-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

Shadowman is a n00b

Mine works fine with Google Maps etc; no issues and yes I am on 3G

Shadowman
Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
All the reviews that I read and watched before I bought the phone said the gps is unlocked. Part of the reason I decided to get the phone.

And it definitely works with Google Maps. I can get as many as 12 satellites at times. It'll even show which lane I'm on on the highway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio