View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM
fwaits
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to unlock GPS on Verizon HTC Imagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
I just got my Imagio a few days ago, and although the GPS is working just fine, I was not able to get the my location to work on the weather tab at all. Today I was messing around, happened to have WiFi on and it worked for the first time. Later I was across town, tried it again and no luck. Turned on the WiFi, and without even connecting to a network it instantly got my location. So after playing with it all day, the my location weather feature only seems to work with WiFi turned on, is this normal? I figured it would just use the GPS, just wanted to know if I'm missing something.
Have you run QuickGPS in the Start -> All Applications menu? That should prompt to turn the location service on and also download satellite info to help GPS locking faster.

Also if you are not getting 3G service the My location service seems to struggle locking a location. Sometimes you don't get one, sometimes you get one that is near but not your exact location.