PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone Screen Rotates(Don't Want It To)

Thanks guys, still no go.

Gconfig adds "phone" entry to registry as shown in a screenshot above. I changed phone to PhoneXXX in registry and rebooted and the "phone" still turns landscape which points to the fact the "phone" module is immune to blacklisting.

None of the entries are dialer related, the "phone" module must be hardwired to rotate unless Gsensor is DISABLED. Super lame programming by microsoft (as expected for anything system related in Windows Mobile 6 or less)
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post

Gconfig adds "phone" entry to registry as shown in a screenshot above. I changed phone to PhoneXXX in registry and rebooted and the "phone" still turns landscape which points to the fact the "phone" module is immune to blacklisting.

None of the entries are dialer related, the "phone" module must be hardwired to rotate unless Gsensor is DISABLED. Super lame programming by microsoft (as expected for anything system related in Windows Mobile 6 or less)
Not understanding why you are editing registry and using G Config when G Config makes registry changes for you when items are added or removed from list, this may be where you are running into issues because I haven't ran into the issue with the dialer automatically defaulted to rotate..

What ROM are you using because this is starting to make me believe that may be the factor that is being overlooked.. Also did you install any of the screen rotation cabs for Sense Rotation because you don't need this installed if G Config is used.. I really believe you have something changed in registry, I would backup everything and hard reset and only install G Config for testing and see if dialer still auto rotate.

Last edited by Wildman; 05-19-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

i'm verifying changes in registry not going by G-config alone. Gconfig simply makes the registry edit for you. ROM is the latest Verizon stock one. I'm 99% certain the default dialer is hardcoded to rotated based on gsensor on or off and only the HTC dialer can be disabled from going landscape. I have indeed disabled the HTC dialer on other devices like a previous Imagio and a few TP2s
Old 05-21-2010, 02:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
i'm verifying changes in registry not going by G-config alone. Gconfig simply makes the registry edit for you. ROM is the latest Verizon stock one. I'm 99% certain the default dialer is hardcoded to rotated based on gsensor on or off and only the HTC dialer can be disabled from going landscape. I have indeed disabled the HTC dialer on other devices like a previous Imagio and a few TP2s
Here is my question - how do you even use the default dialer in the first place and can you post a screenshot?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Here is my question - how do you even use the default dialer in the first place and can you post a screenshot?
You can see a registry setting to enable the default dialer along with a few similar screenshots here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56500

I use pocketshield now which has an option to revert to default dialer (does the above registry changes). As expected the Windows default dialer is MUCH MUCH faster without the typical HTC LAG/DELAY where it takes 5 seconds to hang up or answer a call if the phone is asleep.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:

This may be a crazy question but I just read your post again and I want to verify something, when Gconfig added "phone" to list, did you remove it after identifying the application name? I ask because the list on Gconfig is the ones that are allowed to rotate and if you left it in list it says you want it to rotate... I ask this because I have used that tweak a ways back and I never had issues with dialer rotating as default and it is really strange that you are still having this bug, I really think it will take you to a reset to trouble shoot this down because it sounds like a tweak conflict... I might would consider going back to factory and test this but with the rom I am using now does not play well with spb backup full backup.

Last edited by Wildman; 05-22-2010 at 07:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio