PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio: MyClean 1.8 ROM
Carrier: Verizon

m_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone Screen Rotates(Don't Want It To)

I don't know why, but my phone screen rotates to landscape and I don't want it to.

Anyone know if there is a reg entry to change so I can fix this?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Phone Screen Rotates(Don't Want It To)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s_ifland View Post
I don't know why, but my phone screen rotates to landscape and I don't want it to.

Anyone know if there is a reg entry to change so I can fix this?
Be more specific, you mean in the dialer screen or all screens????
Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I prefer to rotate manually so I disabled my g sensor from the settings screen towards the bottom, click g sensor.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio: MyClean 1.8 ROM
Threadstarter

m_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

cbreze, I like g sensor, I really don't want to disable it. Thanks though for responding.

keithdupont: lol, sorry just reread and found how vague that was. Anyway, I like certain things to rotate on my phone. I use an app called "GConfig" to accomplish this. But my dialer and phone calls screens rotate as well. When someone is calling it rotates when the phone is turned, and it distorts and blacks out the picture. The dialer rotates also and distorts. I would like those screens only not to rotate.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:17 PM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s_ifland View Post
cbreze, I like g sensor, I really don't want to disable it. Thanks though for responding.

keithdupont: lol, sorry just reread and found how vague that was. Anyway, I like certain things to rotate on my phone. I use an app called "GConfig" to accomplish this. But my dialer and phone calls screens rotate as well. When someone is calling it rotates when the phone is turned, and it distorts and blacks out the picture. The dialer rotates also and distorts. I would like those screens only not to rotate.
I don't use gconfig, but the program name for the phone/dialer is cprog.exe, you should be able to somehow configure gconfig to not rotate in that program. Make sure it is not on the whitelist and see if there is a way to blacklist it in gconfig. Thats all of the help I can give.....
Old 05-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

anyone figure out how to disable cprog.exe from rotating?

This is a highly annoying issue for me also having dialer rotate. TIA
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
anyone figure out how to disable cprog.exe from rotating?

This is a highly annoying issue for me also having dialer rotate. TIA
Open G Config application and you should see cprog.exe (PHONE) in whitelist, just press and hold on app name in list until option menu comes up and select remove and then exit and reboot device..

Last edited by Wildman; 05-17-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

For those that want a registry edit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
You could use the whitelist @ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]

modules are listed here @ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]

line item remove the apps you dont want to auto rotate.
I can't be more specific - bc I didn't say it. but it doesn't sound to complicated,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

thanks guys but neither of the above are applicable. I'm currently using "Default windows dialer" not htc's so perhaps the EXE is different. There is no phone or dialer entry in registry gsensor or G-config.

???
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
thanks guys but neither of the above are applicable. I'm currently using "Default windows dialer" not htc's so perhaps the EXE is different. There is no phone or dialer entry in registry gsensor or G-config.

???
Have you tried running G Config and then click Add New Application and then open dialer and then stick stylus into unit and application should identify the applications name and then try removing that item from list...

Other wise if that doesnt work you can try saving list of all items in G Config and then remove applications one at a time and then restart until phone dialer does not rotate and then once you identified item configure defaults list minus the one cause phone rotation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio