View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Wildman
Regular 'Geeker

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone Screen Rotates(Don't Want It To)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
Thanks guys, still no go.

Gconfig adds "phone" entry to registry as shown in a screenshot above. I changed phone to PhoneXXX in registry and rebooted and the "phone" still turns landscape which points to the fact the "phone" module is immune to blacklisting.

None of the entries are dialer related, the "phone" module must be hardwired to rotate unless Gsensor is DISABLED. Super lame programming by microsoft (as expected for anything system related in Windows Mobile 6 or less)
Not understanding why you are editing registry and using G Config when G Config makes registry changes for you when items are added or removed from list, this may be where you are running into issues because I haven't ran into the issue with the dialer automatically defaulted to rotate..

What ROM are you using because this is starting to make me believe that may be the factor that is being overlooked.. Also did you install any of the screen rotation cabs for Sense Rotation because you don't need this installed if G Config is used.. I really believe you have something changed in registry, I would backup everything and hard reset and only install G Config for testing and see if dialer still auto rotate.

Last edited by Wildman; 05-19-2010 at 11:14 PM.