PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6975
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rachbu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.5 23569 05/12/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
It must be really annoying to make changes like the keyboard thing and have it not quite work out properly, just wanted to make sure it's clear that those of us that have problems really appreciate and understand the effort involved in making the change in the first place. Not to mention so quickly coming out with something that undoes/corrects these minor problems without just calling us crazy!
+1--I second that emotion!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Nevermind.

Looks like a hard reset solved it.

I do wonder this: I was having Swype withdrawal so I went ahead and installed it on Saturday. Noticed the battery drain and constant data connection shortly thereafter. So I uninstalled it but the constant data connection remained. What could it be about Swype that caused this?

Last edited by fluidj; 05-17-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Nevermind.

Looks like a hard reset solved it.

I do wonder this: I was having Swype withdrawal so I went ahead and installed it on Saturday. Noticed the battery drain and constant data connection shortly thereafter. So I uninstalled it but the constant data connection remained. What could it be about Swype that caused this?
Did you install Swype v2.0 or v3.9?
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 05-17-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

With 1.5 I noticed when I link a Facebook account with a contact it doesnt seem to update the photo or the contacts Facebook status. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslawren View Post
Did you install Swype v2.0 or v3.9?
It was 2.0.

Does v3.9 work on this ROM?

Last time I had 3.9 installed it was really buggy.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No idea where people get these quirks from. I use facebook a lot and it has worked properly for me in every rom I've released including 1.5a

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
With 1.5 I noticed when I link a Facebook account with a contact it doesnt seem to update the photo or the contacts Facebook status. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
No idea where people get these quirks from. I use facebook a lot and it has worked properly for me in every rom I've released including 1.5a
Ditto, I've had no issues with Facebook.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

1.5a has been great for me thus far, I think you're really very close to a "1.0" release Drellisdee. The new SYS seems to be a lot more efficient with gwes.exe, nothing has gone even remotely wrong for me since installing it.

OK, that's not entirely true, I am having a strange problem with the Browser tab in that the favorites thumbnails don't always work. For example, I had some issues with my "Yankees MLB" shortcut creating a thumbnail, and I re-flashed tonight (mainly since I'm DONE with the HTC Music tab, not this), and now my "CNN Mobile" favorite won't generate a thumbnail. No clue what's going on, but really if you look up "trivial" in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of this!

I've not installed my personal taskbar icon mods since some DLLs have changed and I have to rebuild that, and I'd like to re-mod the WMP theme I use to be more "Drellisdee", but that's all personal preference and style things. Functionality-wise, I honestly can't find a single thing wrong with 1.5a.

Of course, I also speak only English fluently and the default soft keyboard works perfectly for me in all cases. Understood and agreed that a more global solution will make the most people happy!

If I could complain about one thing right now, it would be auto-rotation. Hate it. Just tonight, I tried setting HKCU/HTC/GSensor/AutoRotate to 0, and thus far it's sticking. I love the manual rotate, and get frustrated with the auto-rotate in things like HTC Messaging. Again, so far so good on just setting that to zero this time If you have any tips for disabling auto-rotate globally without disabling the G-Sensor that are different, I'd love to try them!

9.9/10 on 1.5a. Really. I honestly think you're "there" and should consider a non-RC/Beta release. It's that good.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You could use the whitelist @ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]

modules are listed here @ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]

line item remove the apps you dont want to auto rotate.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Im not talking about the Facebook app. Im talking about the Facebook integration with Sense. Whenever I link the proper Facebook account with a contact it does not update the photo or act as if it was linked at all. Even though it says it is linked under the contacts information.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development