PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: will they just admit it

some of us, myself included, like the constant tweaking. i know that i will never have my tp2 perfect, as soon as i try to put it down i find 2 other things i wanna tinker with. ur right some people just want to set it and forget it but some like a constant challenge of making winmo better, it there something wrong with that?

some people like cars that they can just buy and drive for 5 yrs and never have to do anything but change the oil, me i would rather buy an old fixer upper that i have to play with to get it up and running. thats just how my mind works i like modding/tweaking EVERYTHING constatly, drives my wife insane but i dont really see how thatss a bad thing. different strokes for different folks...
Old 11-01-2009, 06:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw View Post
Every phone has it's pros and cons. Nobody has a perfect experience with any phone. Are you saying that ALL iPhone and Pre users didn't mind that video recording capabilities were not out of box? That not being able to forward texts wasn't an issue? Don't get me wrong, I have a Hero and love it. But, if you are trying to 'prove' that WM is an inferior OS, you need much more than a poll of a few people's opinions, and if you want an unbiased one, don't ask on a pro WM site! Hahhahaha.
you see this is why if you don't have an opinion you shouldn't speak.. I never said any os is superior to another. Fact is their aimed at different groups of people. Therefore it can't be an end all perfect os. Secondly I asked which were you interested in and why, not which os is lacking a particular feature because its not like the pre can't be tweaked to add something like video recording. I spoke clearly about performance,stability and overall use out of the box. And third, if you have a hero and no ppc(as I have two) maybe you should head on over to android central.com. If I'm not wrong the pre/webos and most if not every other palm phone were added to this site way before your android and hero were even thought of. So next time do as the thread asks of you or quit wasting space with worthless comments.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741

Last edited by smoove21; 11-01-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:07 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
Do you realize how many moguls,pro2's o and that ****ty touch pro keyboard continuesly going out? I've already had two pro2's and went through four moguls and was going on my sixth pro went they sent me to the corporate store and eventually upgraded me to the pro2. I haven't had any hardware issues with my pre like with my ppc's so please don't talk about a phone needing to be fixed.
You cant assume that everyones experience is the same as yours though, in the 2 years I've had my Vogue I've replaced it only 1 time, and that 1 time was because I accidentally smashed it and cracked the LCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
some of us, myself included, like the constant tweaking. i know that i will never have my tp2 perfect, as soon as i try to put it down i find 2 other things i wanna tinker with. ur right some people just want to set it and forget it but some like a constant challenge of making winmo better, it there something wrong with that?

some people like cars that they can just buy and drive for 5 yrs and never have to do anything but change the oil, me i would rather buy an old fixer upper that i have to play with to get it up and running. thats just how my mind works i like modding/tweaking EVERYTHING constatly, drives my wife insane but i dont really see how thatss a bad thing. different strokes for different folks...
I think most people here share your outlook, I know I do. The first thing I would put on the list of necessities for a phone is customization and the ability to be modified. I cant count how many times I've been satisfied with my phone lol. I get it just the way I want it, use it that way for a month or so, then start all over. Should I have it emulate an iPhone this month? Maybe throw Android on it again and get a taste of that for awhile? TF2D/Manila, Point UI, WM6.5, there's a lot of choices. Then there are countless themes and appearances within each of those. Everybody here likes different things, and even each individuals preferrences may change from month to month, WM allows our phones to change with us.

That being said, the other OS's have plenty of problems too. There are forums for all of them. iPhone, Pre, and Android all have forums full of people trying to make them better and fix the problems that are present out of the box. If those phones were so perfect thier forums would only have one subforum........... introductions lol. It would be full of posts like "Hi, I'm a new Pre owner. I dont want to change anything on the phone, it's absolutely flawless. I just wanted to join a forum to tell everyone that I had one ."

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

I loved WM and all the endless tweaking. In fact I probably tweaked it more then I talked I on it. But all the tweaking is just because WM is garbage in the first place. I can install Windows 95 on my laptop and spend forever trying to achieve the prefect system. With The Hero I have a phone that works.. At one time I was the biggest WM fan boy, but the jig is up and I'm never looking back.

Windows Marketplace for Mobile - App Pick of the Day awww so cute.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

smoove21 - I laughed reading your original post, it's like coming to Iloveiphone.com and complaining about iphone and it's users.

But getting back to your point, wow it's really rare case that you go through so many phones. I had mogul for 2 years and never had it replaced once, diamond once and 0 for touch pro. Like someone else mentioned, everyone has different experiences with the phones because they have their own opinions and preference. Maybe you are stronger then you think you are

My wife has pre now and she had to get it replaced once because she dropped it and screen was acting up afterward but I think the overall build quality on that phone was great as well. Never had a problem with HTC build before either.

Palm OS, I really like it because it's very intuitive and refreshing and easy learning curves. Lack of apps and cramped up keys are down side for me on this awesome OS and phone.

WinMo - customizable roms can entertain you for LONG time.

Andriod - Endless possibility.

You choose what you want, find out things for yourself. For me, at the moment, am very interested in Hero and android os so I'm on this ship coming from WinMo OS.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro juicy 8 custom rom
Carrier: sprint

knowcono24 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
what the hell? They wouldn't offer you a phone because they were tired of fixing them?? Do you realize how many moguls,pro2's o and that ****ty touch pro keyboard continuesly going out? I've already had two pro2's and went through four moguls and was going on my sixth pro went they sent me to the corporate store and eventually upgraded me to the pro2. I haven't had any hardware issues with my pre like with my ppc's so please don't talk about a phone needing to be fixed. And I seriously doubt a phone company would reject your business for fixing phones their getting your insurance fee for. They use refurbished parts fromthe same phones we turn in because of defects.

yeah its pretty bs man... ive been through 3 touch pros and they wanted to replace it with another! now im getting the samsung intrepid as a replacement,but i have my 150 bucks so ill upgrade to either the hero or the moment...microsoft really needs to listen to its consumers more,and step up the quality because all ive seen is quanity...untill now with android os.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

five40 is just getting started

I came from a Mogul ----> Touch Pro -----> Palm Pre
I remember having to delete my txt msgs every so often because the phone would slow to a crawl or lock up if I had too many msgs.

While the Pre isn't perfect it's the best smart phone i ever used.
Thought about getting a hero but then the Droid came on the scene, I'm gonna wait until Sprint gets an Android phone with competitive specs.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

[QUOTE=siptang1227;1288510]smoove21 - I laughed reading your original post, it's like coming to Iloveiphone.com and complaining about iphone and it's users.

But getting back to your point, wow it's really rare case that you go through so many phones. I had mogul for 2 years and never had it replaced once, diamond once and 0 for touch pro. Like someone else mentioned, everyone has different experiences with the phones because they have their own opinions and preference. Maybe you are stronger then you think you are

My wife has pre now and she had to get it replaced once because she dropped it and screen was acting up afterward but I think the overall build quality on that phone was great as well. Never had a problem with HTC build before either.

Palm OS, I really like it because it's very intuitive and refreshing and easy learning curves. Lack of apps and cramped up keys are down side for me on this awesome OS and phone.

WinMo - customizable roms can entertain you for LONG time.

Andriod - Endless possibility.

You choose what you want, find out things for yourself. For me, at the moment, am very interested in Hero and android os so I'm on this ship coming from WinMo OS.[/QU
Not complaining but you shouldn't open your site up to other os's then get mad at those that leave windows for another os but enjoy this particular site. Being that this is ppcgeeks I'm pretty sure at the very least 90% percent of us that have android or webos or whatever, came from windows. As you should be able to tell by how ppcs I went through that I love windows mobile and I'm looking to come back, but I'm letting microsoft assist me with that decision with windows phone 7. I open the thread(s) for discussion because I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like this. Saying an os is slow,unstable or lacking certain features isn't bashing it if its the truth. Its constructive criticism, without it, I doubt microsoft/apple/google/rim/palm would be doing what they are for our hard earned cash. Just look at how many updates to each os have been released this year alone..
Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Your right, your definitely not only one feeling that way and yes, I did enjoy weekly build upgrade from WinMo lol. Little functions/tweaks they did with new revision makes you feel like they are listening to you and that's nice.

Going off topic, I'm kinda glad this site decided to give support or give space to other os platforms because we have been here for a while and came to know some of the users here. Now I just hope that it gets just as big SOON.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
android, hero, touch pro2, webos, windows6.5