PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDFW View Post
Agreed. This reminds me of them creating the Touch Pro after having the HTC Mogul. The screen was a tad smaller. I would love a keyboard...but with the same size screen as I have currently. To me, it is a step backwards. The name of the phone is misleading.
It's not really a step backward. The 800mhz proccesor is faster and more efficient than the 1ghz on the evo. Just take a look at the benchmarks on youtube or google it. Also screen size being smaller is not a downgrade. The iphone and epic both have a smaller screen and they both are great phones. We'll see when it comes out. I myself will wait for the evo 2 which should have dual core and hopefully htc will start using gorilla glass and better resolution.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: HTC Evo Shift 4G

definitely worth checking out with that new processor.
screen size should be ok since you have a kb but it better be a high res amoled.

this could be the fastest cdma phone out for at least a little while
Old 12-31-2010, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mias_Daddy is just getting started

I was going to wait until this came out to get a replacement for my TP2, however after seeing the specs on this one, I will probably pass and just get the Evo.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mias_Daddy View Post
I was going to wait until this came out to get a replacement for my TP2, however after seeing the specs on this one, I will probably pass and just get the Evo.
What about the specs makes you pass on it?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would like to see the final specifications on this phone before I would commit to it. I would also want to test out the camera and other feature in the store to see if this phone would be an upgrade. There is not much information out on this phone. I would also wait until they come out with a phone with the new HTC Sense UI. I would want TomTom maps because some day I have to drive to 20 to 30 different location and I need a map program that does not depend on the network and has a map itinerary.

Now I am starting to understand why HTC wants to start cracking down on the use of their ROMs basically if you could get a Samsung Epic with the HTC UI why would you buy an HTC phone. The Epic has the superior screen but I believe HTC is better when it come to their GPS technology.

But something is telling me I should suffer and wait until the summer time before I upgrade my cell phone. I personally think that this phone is a step forward because it has an 800 Mhz dual processor which does the work of a 1 Ghz processor with less strain on the phone's power resources.

Apple does a way better job at promoting their new cell phone than HTC. They tell you the specs months ahead of time and not wait until the day of the phone's release.

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 01-01-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't think I will be hi resolution amoled. I remember reading some place that Samsung will restrict the amoled screens to only their devices for 2 years. I believe after 2 years Samsung will probably have something better anyways. I will have a screen something similar to the current Evo but only smaller.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I don't think I will be hi resolution amoled. I remember reading some place that Samsung will restrict the amoled screens to only their devices for 2 years. I believe after 2 years Samsung will probably have something better anyways. I will have a screen something similar to the current Evo but only smaller.
they could always use slcd. if it has a regular lcd like evo I'll pass.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Now I am starting to understand why HTC wants to start cracking down on the use of their ROMs basically if you could get a Samsung Epic with the HTC UI why would you buy an HTC phone. The Epic has the superior screen but I believe HTC is better when it come to their GPS technology.
HTC has no technology..they don't make their own hardware..the GPS tech belongs to Qualcomm on built in GPSOne in the Snapdragon processors...As for the Epic, the GPS issue is Software based..not hardware...on froyo its fixed.

Quote:
But something is telling me I should suffer and wait until the summer time before I upgrade my cell phone. I personally think that this phone is a step forward because it has an 800 Mhz dual processor which does the work of a 1 Ghz processor with less strain on the phone's power resources.
Its not a dual 800mhz.. just a 2nd generation snapdragon which is 45nm and has a 2x better GPU

Quote:
AMOLED anyone can use..its the Super AMOLED which they will keep to themselves for 18month

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

I would think there would be some sort of solid update by now?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
I would think there would be some sort of solid update by now?
What do you mean? like more information about the phone?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G