PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi
HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTC EVO Shift 4G spotted in the wild, said to have 800MHz CPU -- Engadget

Just went up on the Engadget site. What do you guys think?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: HTC Evo Shift 4G

Say what?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

well it was rumored to be an HTC Merge for Sprint....that said the 800mhz 2nd gen snapdragon is on par if not better then the 1st gen 1ghz one anyways...

Oh and...moved to HTC Evo Shift 4G section since we have that now...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-shift-4g/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 12-21-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I am glad after I saw this phone in the wild the other day that I am gonna pass on it love my epic. Wish HTC just slapped a keyboard on the evo.. now that I would have bought lol.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Only 800mhz?

Seems like it's going to be outdated before it's even released.

What perplexes me is why did they make the screen smaller? This shouldn't be branded an Evo

jm2c

Not bashing it as I'm sure it's a very capable device it just seems like they are going in the wrong direction with this one.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

the smaller processor handles what the 1gb does....and without killing the battery .
Old 12-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It looks pretty sweet... Now we just need battery manufacturers to step up to the next level and give us something that lasts more than just a few hours on our existing devices as well as future ones.
The technology is out there. They are just dragging their feet while raking in the cash.
p.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
It looks pretty sweet... Now we just need battery manufacturers to step up to the next level and give us something that lasts more than just a few hours on our existing devices as well as future ones.
The technology is out there. They are just dragging their feet while raking in the cash.
p.
+1, this is the problem. You can get good battery life with all of our devices, so long as you don't use them much.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

is it an 800mhz dual core??? IIRC thats what the next gen of snapdragons were going to be??
Old 12-30-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO (Still love my TP2)

RobDFW is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Only 800mhz?

Seems like it's going to be outdated before it's even released.

What perplexes me is why did they make the screen smaller? This shouldn't be branded an Evo

jm2c

Not bashing it as I'm sure it's a very capable device it just seems like they are going in the wrong direction with this one.
Agreed. This reminds me of them creating the Touch Pro after having the HTC Mogul. The screen was a tad smaller. I would love a keyboard...but with the same size screen as I have currently. To me, it is a step backwards. The name of the phone is misleading.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G