PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
sync contacts

Hey all, I have looked but could find the answer, and I forgot how. Well here is the deal, I got my 3D, and gave my wife my 4G to replace her Pre. We took it and had the contacts swapped over. I then set her up a Gmail account and then logged the phone with Gmail. The contacts are still not sync'd with Gmail. What do I need to do to sync the contacts or to get them on gmail?
Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: sync contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
Hey all, I have looked but could find the answer, and I forgot how. Well here is the deal, I got my 3D, and gave my wife my 4G to replace her Pre. We took it and had the contacts swapped over. I then set her up a Gmail account and then logged the phone with Gmail. The contacts are still not sync'd with Gmail. What do I need to do to sync the contacts or to get them on gmail?
to my knowledge you shouldn't do anything, factory reset the phone and when you set things up put in her gmail information and everything should sync up.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

That is what I thought. But it has been 24hrs plus and her contacts are not in her gmail account.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
That is what I thought. But it has been 24hrs plus and her contacts are not in her gmail account.
Try force sync in settings

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 06-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
so if you log into her Google account you are saying that the contacts are not showing up? i hope you had them all wrote down somewhere, might have to input them manually into Google, no way it should take that long for them to show up in Google, it should be instantaneous.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
It won't sync from phone to Gmail initially ... Must initially sync from Gmail to phone then from that point on it will update and add new contacts from the phone to Gmail. I have no idea why but it happened to me as well when I made the switch from WinMo to Android and have seen many posts about it. Since u had to set up a Gmail for your wife this is the situation u are in. She had no Gmail contacts to begin with. If she uses Outlook or some other email client, export her contacts to .csv then import them into Gmail on the computer. They may start syncing after that, if not, then hard reset the phone again and when you set up the phone and log into her account they will sync from Gmail to her phone for sure. After this you will be good to go from then on ... It will auto update and add new from the phone

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
so if you log into her Google account you are saying that the contacts are not showing up? i hope you had them all wrote down somewhere, might have to input them manually into Google, no way it should take that long for them to show up in Google, it should be instantaneous.
If I log into her Gmail account, the contacts do not show up. The odd thing is I put the number to my Tablet in there and that shows up in her contacts.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

First we need to make sure the phone knows it's supposed to sync contacts...

Go to Menu> setting> Accounts & Sync> tap her Google account... make sure Sync contacts has been checked.

p.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
If I log into her Gmail account, the contacts do not show up. The odd thing is I put the number to my Tablet in there and that shows up in her contacts.
Take her old phone and sync with outlook. Then import the .csv to gmail. Then voila

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
contacts backup, evo, gmail, pre, sync contacts