PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   sync contacts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145054)

glidersgalore 06-26-2011 06:09 PM

sync contacts

Hey all, I have looked but could find the answer, and I forgot how. Well here is the deal, I got my 3D, and gave my wife my 4G to replace her Pre. We took it and had the contacts swapped over. I then set her up a Gmail account and then logged the phone with Gmail. The contacts are still not sync'd with Gmail. What do I need to do to sync the contacts or to get them on gmail?

KIOWA69 06-26-2011 11:02 PM

Re: sync contacts

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidersgalore (Post 2120692)
Hey all, I have looked but could find the answer, and I forgot how. Well here is the deal, I got my 3D, and gave my wife my 4G to replace her Pre. We took it and had the contacts swapped over. I then set her up a Gmail account and then logged the phone with Gmail. The contacts are still not sync'd with Gmail. What do I need to do to sync the contacts or to get them on gmail?

to my knowledge you shouldn't do anything, factory reset the phone and when you set things up put in her gmail information and everything should sync up.

glidersgalore 06-27-2011 01:15 PM

That is what I thought. But it has been 24hrs plus and her contacts are not in her gmail account.

Karl 06-27-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidersgalore (Post 2121110)
That is what I thought. But it has been 24hrs plus and her contacts are not in her gmail account.

Try force sync in settings

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

KIOWA69 06-27-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidersgalore (Post 2121110)

so if you log into her Google account you are saying that the contacts are not showing up? i hope you had them all wrote down somewhere, might have to input them manually into Google, no way it should take that long for them to show up in Google, it should be instantaneous.

Vancer 06-27-2011 03:12 PM

It won't sync from phone to Gmail initially ... Must initially sync from Gmail to phone then from that point on it will update and add new contacts from the phone to Gmail. I have no idea why but it happened to me as well when I made the switch from WinMo to Android and have seen many posts about it. Since u had to set up a Gmail for your wife this is the situation u are in. She had no Gmail contacts to begin with. If she uses Outlook or some other email client, export her contacts to .csv then import them into Gmail on the computer. They may start syncing after that, if not, then hard reset the phone again and when you set up the phone and log into her account they will sync from Gmail to her phone for sure. After this you will be good to go from then on ... It will auto update and add new from the phone

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

glidersgalore 06-27-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIOWA69 (Post 2121122)
so if you log into her Google account you are saying that the contacts are not showing up? i hope you had them all wrote down somewhere, might have to input them manually into Google, no way it should take that long for them to show up in Google, it should be instantaneous.

If I log into her Gmail account, the contacts do not show up. The odd thing is I put the number to my Tablet in there and that shows up in her contacts.

AZTECHKA 06-27-2011 05:02 PM

First we need to make sure the phone knows it's supposed to sync contacts...

Go to Menu> setting> Accounts & Sync> tap her Google account... make sure Sync contacts has been checked.

p.

aman1127 06-29-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidersgalore (Post 2121243)
If I log into her Gmail account, the contacts do not show up. The odd thing is I put the number to my Tablet in there and that shows up in her contacts.

Take her old phone and sync with outlook. Then import the .csv to gmail. Then voila