PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help getting bluetooth to work

Been having weird issues with bt on the Evo since I got it. When pairing with a headunit, sometimes the headunit finds the Evo, but they wont pair. Once paired, a lot of times it won't connect. Once it does connect, bt audio cuts in and out and phone has a lot of static. I've tried unpairing and repairing. Using with different devices. Pairing from the Evo as well as from the bt device. Turning off other radios and wiifi in case thats conflicting and no luck.
Im running 3.29.651.5.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Need help getting bluetooth to work

Can anyone guide me in the right direction with this? Nothing I've tried so far works.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mine works fine. The problem is with the headset, software, or phone. if the headset works on another device its probably fine. You can do a factory reset or flash a rom (if rooted) and see if it works then to eliminate software. If not, its probably the phone hardware.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

I think he means car stereo headunit.....what make and model is your headunit bro?

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Its definitely not the headunit or headset as the Evo does it with all I've tried. It does the same on a Pioneer FH-P8000BT, Jabra bt3030, and a Dual XHD7114. Its something with the Evo, I'm just not sure how to proceed as everything I've tried so far hasn't worked.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try this....i have a similar issue with my jawbone icon headset....turn on your phone bluetooth and wait about 2 to 4 minutes before connecting or pairing a device...not sure why but its like the buluetooth on the phone has to "warm up" or something stupid lol
Old 04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

oh, and under your bluetooth settings, make sure the "use for phone audio" option is checked...not sure if that would help bro
Old 04-21-2011, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Redneck3100 View Post
Try this....i have a similar issue with my jawbone icon headset....turn on your phone bluetooth and wait about 2 to 4 minutes before connecting or pairing a device...not sure why but its like the buluetooth on the phone has to "warm up" or something stupid lol
I always have bluetooth on, but I tried this different ways today with no luck. Its very inconsistent the way it acts. Sometimes it won't be able to find a bluetooth device thats discoverable if its sitting right next to it. Sometimes it finds it but pairing fails. Sometimes it pairs but won't connect or takes multiple times to connect. Once it finally does connect, it sounds like crap.

Quote:
oh, and under your bluetooth settings, make sure the "use for phone audio" option is checked...not sure if that would help bro
I don't have that setting.

I'm not wanting to load a new rom at this time, think I'll wait for the final official gingerbread before doing that. Hopefully that fixes this, but in the mean time, is it not possible to load a different bt stack or reload this one or something? The way it is now, bluetooth is unusable.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya View Post
I always have bluetooth on, but I tried this different ways today with no luck. Its very inconsistent the way it acts. Sometimes it won't be able to find a bluetooth device thats discoverable if its sitting right next to it. Sometimes it finds it but pairing fails. Sometimes it pairs but won't connect or takes multiple times to connect. Once it finally does connect, it sounds like crap.

I don't have that setting.

I'm not wanting to load a new rom at this time, think I'll wait for the final official gingerbread before doing that. Hopefully that fixes this, but in the mean time, is it not possible to load a different bt stack or reload this one or something? The way it is now, bluetooth is unusable.
Under the wireless settings>bluetooth settings, long press on the device in question if you have multiple devices, and it will give you a pop up...just select options I think it is, and check them...
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Under the wireless settings>bluetooth settings, long press on the device in question if you have multiple devices, and it will give you a pop up...just select options I think it is, and check them...
Evo automatically checks these once the bt device is set up. I do double check sometimes, but they're always checked. That in no way helped with any of these issues though.

Anyone know if another bt stack can be loaded on the Evo or the stock one reloaded or anything else that may help with this? Could it possibly be a conflict with apps or something?

Anything to get me looking in the right direction????

Thanks!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G